Instant Replay

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:11 am

Just wondering if anyone thinks state hockey should have instant replay when it comes to seeing if its a goal or somebody in the crease? Any thoughts on it?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby money2128 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:49 am

I am all for it. 

Never hurts to use video review to make the right call.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:19 am

yes i do too agree, the state tourny is the most important games of the year and i think everyone deserves the most accurate call.
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby puck71 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:21 am

I think it's a good idea to do it just for the state tournament, like they're doing in Minnesota now. They have all the cameras and the equipment - they may as well use them!

Fortunately the play at the end of the third period was NOT a goal. It would have been a shame if that had gone over the line and they called no goal and couldn't review it. The Red River goal the night before was another story, but I've watched the replay a few times and it's ambiguous at best. I'm not sure if the goal would have been allowed or not after review.
puck71
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 1337 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:32 pm

I am all for replay in the state tournament as well. It just makes sense. It's the most important games so you want to call them right, and you're in a building that allows for it, so why not?

I also agree with puck that replay wouldn't have changed the no goal call on Saturday night. It hugged the line but never went past it.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DrPepper1 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:12 pm

The refs made the right call in the South, Red River game but the game winning goal in the GPR, Red River game should not have counted.  The Red River player was practically standing on top of the goalie but i think Red River would have won anyways so its not too big of a deal.  I dont see why they dont use instant replay for certain instances especially with all the technology they have at the Ralph.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Return to Hockey