State Hockey Attendance

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wombat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:47 am

I was just wondering if anyone knows the attendance for the state hockey tournament or even just the championship game?

I am just looking for some stats to compare the different sports and their state tournaments.

I know Wrestling had 13,146 reportedly in attendance throughout three days and i believe it was between 6-7 thousand for the finals.

GBB Class B someone thought that the number for the final game was a little under 4,000.

Thanks
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:40 am

Total attendace for hockey was around 23-24000 . Keep in mind though there was 6 sessions 2 a day. Thursday and fridays sessions average around 4000 and the championship game had 3,000..
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby tomjof64 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:41 pm

Wrestling attendance was for both class a & b, they were held at same time and place.
tomjof64

Postby gfhockey » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:01 pm

oh this was only one class of hockey.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wombat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:21 pm

Well this IS only one class for Hockey in ND. Also Class A basketball is ALSO now together, as is State Track (A and B boys AND girls) and Football (all four classes are played over the course of 1-2 days and in the same sessions in the same location)

For the record, I am only trying to compare attendance, I am NOT trying to compare the two sports in any way, shape, or form. I just want an idea of how many people throughout the state attend the various state tournaments and which ones seem to be the most popular... and judging from the numbers, if accurate, 23-24000 is the highest total so far... It will be interesting to see how those numbers compare with Class B boys BB and the Super A basketball tournament with both boys and girls together.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:25 am

oh its accuarte
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Return to Hockey