Preseason Picks for 07-08!!!

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:52 pm

highheat wrote:i dont think dl will be ahead of south for the lone reason that dl wont be able to reload as well as south. south, year in and year out, is able to reload with good underclassmen to back up their quality seniors. the one advantage dl will have over south is their goalie. groves returns with tons of experience against high caliber teams, where as south, who will most likely have drew kelly in net, doesnt have that experience.

You're right that DL won't be able to reload as good as South, but they will still have a good chance in the East. South does reload year in and year out, but Devils Lake still has solid players in the likes of Henke, Byram, and the aforementioned Heit, who sounds like he will be playing forward next year from what he has told me. With these guys leading the team, in addition to a solid Goaltender in Groves, I think that the Firebirds will be able to put up another good fight in the East Region next year.

Now that we're on that topic, who does everyone think are the top two or three players to watch from each team in the East next year?
big_tyme_hockey

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:04 pm

any standouts in the west as well?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gophers9 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:09 pm

big_tyme_hockey wrote:
highheat wrote:i dont think dl will be ahead of south for the lone reason that dl wont be able to reload as well as south. south, year in and year out, is able to reload with good underclassmen to back up their quality seniors. the one advantage dl will have over south is their goalie. groves returns with tons of experience against high caliber teams, where as south, who will most likely have drew kelly in net, doesnt have that experience.

You're right that DL won't be able to reload as good as South, but they will still have a good chance in the East. South does reload year in and year out, but Devils Lake still has solid players in the likes of Henke, Byram, and the aforementioned Heit, who sounds like he will be playing forward next year from what he has told me. With these guys leading the team, in addition to a solid Goaltender in Groves, I think that the Firebirds will be able to put up another good fight in the East Region next year.

Now that we're on that topic, who does everyone think are the top two or three players to watch from each team in the East next year?

DL- Heit, Groves

South- Hooey, maybe Powers, McBain

North- Narveson, Bekkerdahl

Shanley- Thomas, Dietzler

West Fargo- Keller, Swanson

Red RIver- The whole team

Central- Riopelle, Klockman, Spicer

Wahpeton- Miller

Grafton- Demers, Mohagen, Gaustad
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:19 pm

Gophers9 wrote:
big_tyme_hockey wrote:

DL- Heit, Groves

Wahpeton- Miller

narveson is coming to south next year!
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:48 am

sportsman20 wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
big_tyme_hockey wrote:

DL- Heit, Groves

Wahpeton- Miller

Source?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gophers9 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:57 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
big_tyme_hockey wrote:

DL- Heit, Groves

Wahpeton- Miller

Source?

Ditto.......?
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:20 pm

Possible transfers I can see coming up:

Grant Narveson (To Fargo South, most likely transfer in my opinion)

Tanner Spicer (Haven't heard anything about it, but if he does I'd suspect Red River)

David Burdick (To Fargo South, only heard this once, but is plausible)

Peter Hvidston (To Fargo South, heard this a few times, but always heard that it's doubtful)
As far as I know these are all speculation though, none are final.

As far as transfers go, seems like South could get a few more, if anyone else has any more it'd be interesting to hear.
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:45 pm

i actually heard that bottineau might get a couple, i'll keep the names on the back burner.  i'm not sure how legit the rumor is, but it's 2 impact players.  it sounds like bottineau is trying to get there program back on track, to where it was 15-20 years ago. 
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tim » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:08 pm

is this rumor or do you actually know the names, and why cant you just say that these guys are supposedly going to play for them in the future.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby scrappy23 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:39 pm

Top team in 07 08 - Red River

Top forward - Meland

Top line - Gaustad Demers Mohagen

Top defense - Ladouceur - (Frenzel nobodys really seen this kid yet) 

Top goalie - Kovacs

Red River is gonna be really really good. But dont look past Grafton they were really young last season it will be fun to see how the sophmores step in to being juniors. Dickinson will be the top team out of the west i think stud goalie and a few good players in front. Look out for Minot also.
scrappy23

Postby brownbomber » Mon May 28, 2007 7:38 am

frenzel plays forward
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby scrappy23 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:01 am

Frenzel plays forward now? How long has he played forward?
scrappy23

Postby brownbomber » Mon May 28, 2007 8:03 am

since bantams hes played forward
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:42 am

brownbomber wrote:since bantams hes played forward

He plays everything i think, I believe he's listed last year as a F/D but mostly played forward.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Wed May 30, 2007 12:13 pm

he had a brief stint at D his freshman year but due to a concussion sat out for a while and someone filled his spot so he moved to forward and has made a name for himself there
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:41 am

Gophers9 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
big_tyme_hockey wrote:

DL- Heit, Groves

Wahpeton- Miller

Source?

Ditto.......?

He's signed up for classes at Fargo South High School for the 2007-2008 year. It's official.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:13 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
Gophers9 wrote:
big_tyme_hockey wrote:

DL- Heit, Groves

Wahpeton- Miller

Source?

Ditto.......?

He's signed up for classes at Fargo South High School for the 2007-2008 year. It's official.

any word on swanson, burdick, and hvidston??
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:48 pm

burdicks going but swansons not and idk bout the other kid
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:01 pm

The only 2 that are for sure transfering to south are Narveson and Burdick for the 07-08 season. Doubt there will be any more.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jefferson Clark » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:59 am

rumor has it tyler swanson is going to be an FM Jet
Jefferson Clark

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:23 am

has he graduated or will he be a senior
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:44 am

Saucesauer wrote:has he graduated or will he be a senior

will be a senior
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby DWeigs » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:55 pm

Dont forget about Alex Simonson from Grand Forks RR who transfered from Grand Forks Central in the middle of the season last year.
DWeigs

Postby chuckles noris » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:30 pm

minot has to be the top pick from the west led by cole leidholt if he doesnt go to the juniors this year
chuckles noris
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:02 pm

chuckles noris wrote:minot has to be the top pick from the west led by cole leidholt if he doesnt go to the juniors this year

WHO?????
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey