Preseason Picks for 07-08!!!

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Orr4 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:58 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
chuckles noris wrote:minot has to be the top pick from the west led by cole leidholt if he doesnt go to the juniors this year

WHO?????
How do you end up picking minot after everything they lost?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:41 pm

Heard that Shanley got a foreign exchange student that is supposed to be a great goalie.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby buzz22 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:11 am

north loses narveson but look out for sam johnson hes slick
buzz22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Baller wrote:Heard that Shanley got a foreign exchange student that is supposed to be a great goalie.

Who is he/where's he from? True/Not true etc.

And to the prev poster, and all the others who say 1 player, it takes more than 1 player to make a team. I don't really want to hear about a team being 'good' because they have a single player, because all the teams competing for state have 2-3+ skilled lines of players.
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:50 am

It's true he's from norway and he is a junior
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Favre#1 wrote:It's true he's from norway and he is a junior

It'll give them something to hope for, but it'll only give them a shot at moving up a spot or two, they're a long ways from the big 3.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby LB21 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:36 pm

Red River, Grafton, South in that order followed by either DL or Central.  North or WF for 6th.  Shanley, with Norwegian goalie, favored to win the play in game against Wahp.
LB21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:42 pm

Picks for State:

EDC:

1) South (Revenge on RR for a few years back)

2) Red River (Upsets go both ways :cool:)

3) Grafton (We'll see how the Super-Sophs do as Juniors)

4) DL (Groves will keep them alive)

Last edited by HockeyHigh on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:31 pm

LB21 wrote:Red River, Grafton, South in that order followed by either DL or Central.  North or WF for 6th.  Shanley, with Norwegian goalie, favored to win the play in game against Wahp.

The goalie from norway is nothing special...he good but nothing special
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby und52 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:14 am

Timmay07 wrote:Whap/Breck VS. Shanley in the finals 

I like how you think

Schaefbauer is amazing along with that new norweigan golie
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:14 pm

und52 wrote:
Timmay07 wrote:Whap/Breck VS. Shanley in the finals 

I like how you think

Schaefbauer is amazing along with that new norweigan golie

Well, maybe Shanley could win state if they ended up against a team like Whap.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:31 am

shanley is not going to State this year.

maybe if they could have figured out how to keep the Last yrs. PW A's(all the WF, North, south kids- and a few Catholic kids) in the pipeline they might have a chance in a few years.

As far as other notes--

the East region will be again the teams to beat for State.

Red River-  meland, Schaefer, Ladoucer,Crary, galbreath *Meland, Schaefer, Galbreath, Ladoucer along with pat arnason all play in the ELite1 league.

Grafton- tanner Anderson, mohagen, Gaustad, Demers, paulson, peterson, hills *Demers and hills play in Elite 1 League.

Fargo south-  Hooey, Powers, Groth, Narveson(transfered from North),Tanner McLean * powers, Groth, Narveson all play in the Elite 1 league

Fargo north-  Ryder Bekkadahl--    Lost Narveson, they will have a tough year. Mazzahari, Kost and a few others round out top returners.

W Fargo- with out Swanson, burdick(who is now at Fargo South), they will be hard pressed to keep shots off of Keller. forwards are lead by eid, Smith- although they are returners, not top liners on any of the top three teams.

GF Central--  Spicer, chiklinski(spelling?), and a few new comers out of bantams-- they could surprise a few people. goalie should be good- Simmers.

Devils Lake--  Joery heit is the top GUN! He has been solicited to play in the MJHL. not this yr. but probably next yr.  with Groves and Friedig as back stops they are tough team also.

Wapheton--  Bauman, douglas and a couple of other players round out a sleeper team. they still will struggle some.

Shanley-  young again. I can't believe that I would say that they are young, but they are. Now they say that a Transfer Goalie(Norway/ sweden or something) will be the key to winning. I can tell you that Traynor, sinner, harvey and company will still have troubles in finishing games. one period of hard hockey and then the gates open. If they can find a way to lure kids from the Metro area to shanley, they could build a great team, over time.

So now that is East Region from these eyes.

the west is Locked into a fight between-

bis. high/ Minot and Mandan. dickinson will say that they have horses, but it still remains to be seen whether they can have more than 3 guys and a goalie. that can't WIN  a title.

bis. high--  returning a ton of good guys--  Lebare, Seaburg and a few others. they probably could use a scoring guy like Aide(bobcats)- but then again too many people didn't like him anyway(i guess). the others that had accolades in the west from that team, are hard pressed to make the JV's last yr. at any of the top three in the east.

Mandan-  martin(returns from last yrs. injury), haugen(one of the best in the state), but these guys can play good in the west , coming to the east at tourney time is a quick bow out.

Minot-  a few players but they are young and need to find a way to play at the east's speed.

We have some good guys in the West, but not enough, as shown last yr. to get past the first round in State.

"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Hockey