West vrs. East

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndsubball » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:12 pm

Why would you want to push it back a week or 2 for regionals because then it will conflict with boys EDC or WDA games and state basketball
ndsubball

Postby money2128 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:04 pm

ndsubball wrote:Why would you want to push it back a week or 2 for regionals because then it will conflict with boys EDC or WDA games and state basketball

I stated in earlier posts that it would conflict with other sports.  If you were to extend the schedule with a few more games how else would you do it? I suppose you could try to squeeze them in Nov. thru end of Feb.  I think Minn has theirs 1st or 2nd week in march.  How do they schedule theirs around other sports? 

I don't know?

Just a couple of ideas i had in my earlier posts.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby MinotBison » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:00 pm

I think most of us can agree that something has to be done, and I think there have been some good possibilities put forth in this thread as to what could be done.

The question is will anything be done?

MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:26 pm

Competition may not be the problem here.  Major factors in high school hockey are its youth programs and player dedication.  If you want good players you need a good feeding program that can develop players and teach them the concepts of the game.  Thats one of the reasons GF schools have been so good and now South is starting to catch on as well.  The other question is what are the players doing to get better in the offseason?  Are they playing on select teams, lifting weights, or just sitting around all summer.  I happen to know that 90% of Souths State Championship team did dryland, shot pucks, and lifted all year long. 
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby MinotBison » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:51 am

DrPepper1 wrote:Competition may not be the problem here.  Major factors in high school hockey are its youth programs and player dedication.  If you want good players you need a good feeding program that can develop players and teach them the concepts of the game.  Thats one of the reasons GF schools have been so good and now South is starting to catch on as well.  The other question is what are the players doing to get better in the offseason?  Are they playing on select teams, lifting weights, or just sitting around all summer.  I happen to know that 90% of Souths State Championship team did dryland, shot pucks, and lifted all year long. 

Excellent comments.

I would also like to see some info on what it costs for a student to participate in hockey in Grand Forks, Fargo and Minot. 
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby puck71 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:06 am

MinotBison wrote:I would also like to see some info on what it costs for a student to participate in hockey in Grand Forks, Fargo and Minot. 

According to some Google work, the activity fee for all of the above schools is $50.
puck71
NDPreps Reserve

Postby money2128 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:49 pm

I agree youth programs are a major factor in the quality of these high school teams. Obviously the GF programs have the best coaching and player dedication in the state due to their support from the community. Hopefully some of these younger programs take note of this, which i think some have, and continue to improve their programs as well.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby RazorsEdge » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:50 pm

North / South? Then watch the teams east of 29 cry.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:09 pm

NDhockey6b wrote:Will the east take all 4? Will minot be the only west team to advance? Maybe even a 2-2 split? Will there be a west team in the ship? Will South choke again, will a grand forks team find somehow to win again? So many questions...its gonna be an AWESOME tourny!

1. Yes the East will sweep the first round of state.

2. I dont see how you can say choke again after south won state last year?

3. Rematch of last years ship with the same outcome.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyplayer06 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:31 pm

dont be so sure about that
hockeyplayer06
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DrPepper1 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:54 pm

Dont be sure about what? They're predictions not guarantees.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby LB21 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:40 pm

How did the jamboree go out west?  What did the EDC teams do?  Any predictions on Jamestown vs. Devils Lake Monday? 
LB21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDhockey6b » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:54 pm

It is hard to predict the first games of the season since there is no other games to compare to. But with what i know and have seen from last season i would have to say DL over jamestown 4-1. Who knows...maybe im way off. Anyone else have a guess on the game?

every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoSioux » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:08 pm

Jamestown went up to Devils Lake last year and beat them 6-3 and Jamestown is better this year then they were last year, i say Jamestown wins 5-3

GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fellowes » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:26 pm

I dont see Devils Lake losing to Jamestown in this one.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoSioux » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:37 pm

I don't think Devils Lake is going to be as good as you think
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fellowes » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:38 pm

Maybe not but I suppose we will find out tomorrow night...
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:26 pm

GoSioux wrote:Jamestown went up to Devils Lake last year and beat them 6-3 and Jamestown is better this year then they were last year, i say Jamestown wins 5-3

why is jamestown better this year? all i know about them is they lost their leading goal scorer...ritchie i think his name was? do they have a bunch back?
rep

Postby theprodigy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:03 am

rep wrote:
GoSioux wrote:Jamestown went up to Devils Lake last year and beat them 6-3 and Jamestown is better this year then they were last year, i say Jamestown wins 5-3

why is jamestown better this year? all i know about them is they lost their leading goal scorer...ritchie i think his name was? do they have a bunch back?

I would have to say i would take devils lake on this one. On Saturday this last weekend Jamestown played in a jamboree in west fargo. They lost to North and WF. Not sure about the other one, but they only had two lines and 4 or 5 D on the team. I dont know if that was their whole team but they only had 10 or 11 guys. I also noticed that they were in the box many times, which is no surprise, but will hurt them this year. They do have a good returning player in Zac Welding, but they lost ritchie their leading scorer. I would predict DL- 5 Jamestown-2.
Last edited by theprodigy on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
theprodigy

Postby GoSioux » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:47 am

If you would have been paying attention Jamestown beat West Fargo 4-3 and Jamestown was playing JV and Varsity kids, when they played North it appeared that they had there first line and a jv line playing.
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Hockey