Attendance at State Tournament

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby nd0606 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 am

I watched the State Championship game on TV this year and it looked like the attendance was really low this year compared to others.  Ralph really didn't look too packed at all, was this because of the weather or what is the deal...I always find it nice to see a packed arena and people excited about seeing a game of hockey...that is when the state championship is fun...does anyone know the attendance for that game?

Regardless, I hope numbers are way up again next year...PACK THE RALPH!
nd0606
NDPreps Starter

Postby mhsund » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:13 pm

nd0606 wrote:I watched the State Championship game on TV this year and it looked like the attendance was really low this year compared to others.  Ralph really didn't look too packed at all, was this because of the weather or what is the deal...I always find it nice to see a packed arena and people excited about seeing a game of hockey...that is when the state championship is fun...does anyone know the attendance for that game?

I think you answered it yourself right here "I watched the State Championship game on TV this year"... i am sure weather had something to do with it for the final game but other than that it was alright.

Grafton had a good crowd on friday night though. I would have liked to see Grafton and RR play the final game and have the rink a bit more filled.
mhsund
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:54 pm

mhsund wrote:
nd0606 wrote:I watched the State Championship game on TV this year and it looked like the attendance was really low this year compared to others.  Ralph really didn't look too packed at all, was this because of the weather or what is the deal...I always find it nice to see a packed arena and people excited about seeing a game of hockey...that is when the state championship is fun...does anyone know the attendance for that game?

I think you answered it yourself right here "I watched the State Championship game on TV this year"... i am sure weather had something to do with it for the final game but other than that it was alright.

Grafton had a good crowd on friday night though. I would have liked to see Grafton and RR play the final game and have the rink a bit more filled.

I left from mandan at 11 so the roads wern't a big factor, you have to realize from the tv, the ralph its a huge rink if they were packed it would be a ridiculous turn out.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:01 pm

believe it or not but an article in the herald said the ralph had the best attendance ever for thursdays games and fridays game combined. The title game i think drew around 2950 a litttle lower then in years past.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby mhsund » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:50 pm

gfhockey wrote:believe it or not but an article in the herald said the ralph had the best attendance ever for thursdays games and fridays game combined. The title game i think drew around 2950 a litttle lower then in years past.

I was at the games and it looked like there was pretty good crowds there. Friday night when grafton played in the semis, there was a good crowd there.
mhsund
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 666 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 am

I would like to say that Devils Lake's crowd was there and the people were crazy.

Postby hcky1616 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:56 am

In some area's of the Ralph the first 3 - 4 seating rows were blocked off, so the perspective from home TV was empty seats, when they panned upwards you could see a good crowd, but they were spread out fairly well. Good seats were hard to find Friday eve & Saturday, ticket prices were OUTRAGEOUS !
hcky1616

Postby gfhockey » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:22 am

i agree but the pass wasnt to bad of deal. 6 bucks a session.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Return to Hockey