Eric Herbel as Mr. Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby brownbomber » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:48 pm

also maybe a kid who leaves (Herbel) sees a once in a lifetime oppurtunity and wants to go see  competition somewhere else maybe he doesnt want to pass up a chance in juniors or developemental team because that might be the only one
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:54 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
jo wrote:I have a question for you. Did danny ever go and spend a whole year of highschool in a different state to go and play hockey and get better?......if he did, good for him. If he didn't, then dont say that he is more devoted to hockey than eric. Get your facts straight.

Did herbel get cut is that why he came back? Because i have heard that is why he came back his senior year

no he didn't get cut, he came back out of loyalty.  he did get cut by the bobcats this fall, but after the season they really bagged him to come back.  eric thought bottineau had a good shot at going to state, which they did.  he wanted to help the team out and they fell short at regionals.

besides being a good hockey player, he is a good kid.  he helps out the younger kids and has been very thankful of the awards he has recieved.  he gets good grades, modest about his accomplishments, and stays out of trouble, he's the kind of role model that you want your kids to grow up like.

he has put in alot of hard work to get where he is now, so don't take anything away from him.  he's a step above the competion, lets see how he does at the showcase.

The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:09 pm

The Hockey Wizzard wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
jo wrote:I have a question for you. Did danny ever go and spend a whole year of highschool in a different state to go and play hockey and get better?......if he did, good for him. If he didn't, then dont say that he is more devoted to hockey than eric. Get your facts straight.

Did herbel get cut is that why he came back? Because i have heard that is why he came back his senior year

no he didn't get cut, he came back out of loyalty.  he did get cut by the bobcats this fall, but after the season they really bagged him to come back.  eric thought bottineau had a good shot at going to state, which they did.  he wanted to help the team out and they fell short at regionals.

besides being a good hockey player, he is a good kid.  he helps out the younger kids and has been very thankful of the awards he has recieved.  he gets good grades, modest about his accomplishments, and stays out of trouble, he's the kind of role model that you want your kids to grow up like.

he has put in alot of hard work to get where he is now, so don't take anything away from him.  he's a step above the competion, lets see how he does at the showcase.

I just have to say that in no way is Herbel a step ahead of Danny Wurden, although Wurden seemed to lack the dominating presence he had during the season during the State games, Herbel didn't even get there, so that shouldn't matter. The only thing that I'd say Herbel would have over Danny Wurden, or even on par with Wurden would be that  Wurden's grades are bad, but I fail to see how Grades should have anything to do with Mr. Hockey. If you want a hockey player, Danny Wurden is the player you want your little kid to grow up like, with a bit of intelligence boost to add the kicker. Athletes were never given the intellectual stereotype anyhow, and yes, it is sports before school. Any dedicated sports player knows that Sports will almost always come before school.

Had the votes been fairly dispersed, I believe Wurden would have won by a landslide. However, this is not the case and this is the last post I'll make in this thread.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:39 pm

a handful of teams from the west played fargo south sometime during the season and seen wurden play.  that's telling me that teams from the west seen both herbal and wurden.  some teams from the west played against all 4 mr. hockey finalist, so they picked the best canidate.   you might be surprised, herbal has played on select teams that were coached by east coaches. 

i don't think sports should come first, they should go hand in hand.  what happens if you concentrate on a specific sport and allow your grades to slip and maybe have a career ending situation somewhere down the road.  however some kids that want to try and make a div. 1 school to play hockey (souix) need good grades to get in or a scholarship.  i myself would rather have my kid become a good student athelet.
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:29 am

Whether or not coaches see a player play, it wont change their vote for many, if any of the coaches, they will still vote for the player that represents them. All year I think South played 2 west teams, not near all of them. Both were at home also. (Bismarck High and Bismark Century at state)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:29 am

Whether or not coaches see a player play, it wont change their vote for many, if any of the coaches, they will still vote for the player that represents them. All year I think South played 2 west teams, not near all of them. Both were at home also. (Bismarck High and Bismark Century at state)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hcky1616 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:50 am

One thing we need to realize is Mr. hockey is picked by COACHES and coaches have diifferent opinions and look at players differently than the media, fans or even other players. Could there possibly have been issues of coachability, attitude etc. that we as outside observers do not see or realize are present ?

I for one am glad the selection it is not just about skill.
hcky1616

Postby tim » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:13 pm

i cant believe that people are still whining about wurden not getting it, its over now... and herbel still is mr. hockey until next year when they will hand out the award again. i have nothing against wurden, hes a great player, but eric still recieved majority, and sometimes life isnt fair, so deal with it.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby brian » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:40 pm

tim wrote:i cant believe that people are still whining about wurden not getting it, its over now... and herbel still is mr. hockey until next year when they will hand out the award again. i have nothing against wurden, hes a great player, but eric still recieved majority, and sometimes life isnt fair, so deal with it.

i agree, its over and done with, you can all argue about it again next year when it doesnt go to the guy from your home town.
brian

Previous

Return to Hockey