Goalies out west to east

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:04 am

Do the west actually have the better goalies in tournament? Is the East willing to admit this might be possible?

Boldt against RR- [font=Arial]22-18-7-47, 4 goals-last one empty net[/font]

Arnason- [font=Arial]1-6-2-9, 2 goals[/font]

Knutson against south- [font=Arial]10-25-17-52, 6 goals[/font]

[font=Arial]Diecert- 5-3-0-8, 2 goals[/font]

[font=Arial]If Deicert or arnason were going to be seeing 47-52 saves that game it could have been ugly with what those stats are leaning towards. Might just show that this year the level of the player in the east are far above the west, but the goalies might not be up to par with what the west has this year.[/font]
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:15 am

Or the fact that it takes a lot to go from having no shots on net all game to taking on a breakaway, yet the other goalie had been taking shots (whether quality or not) all game. To be true to ya, the games I've seen the West goalies had almost no form and were jumping around the net almost mindlessly a lot of the time. The goalie that I am most impressed with would have to be DL's, who did an incredible job shutting down RR for most of last night.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:28 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:Or the fact that it takes a lot to go from having no shots on net all game to taking on a breakaway, yet the other goalie had been taking shots (whether quality or not) all game. To be true to ya, the games I've seen the West goalies had almost no form and were jumping around the net almost mindlessly a lot of the time. The goalie that I am most impressed with would have to be DL's, who did an incredible job shutting down RR for most of last night.

Any one watching that williston red river game knows that Boldt played his best game he has played all season. even the red river coach told him personally that that was the best goaltending he has ever seen in the state tournament.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:34 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:Or the fact that it takes a lot to go from having no shots on net all game to taking on a breakaway, yet the other goalie had been taking shots (whether quality or not) all game. To be true to ya, the games I've seen the West goalies had almost no form and were jumping around the net almost mindlessly a lot of the time. The goalie that I am most impressed with would have to be DL's, who did an incredible job shutting down RR for most of last night.

dominic hasek plays with no form and flops around the net, so i'm not getting your point.  all a goalie has to do is stop the puck, whether it's in the butterfly style or whatever works best.  one of the best goalies of all time played with no style, valdmir t. who played for the russian red army during the 70's and 80's.
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:27 pm

Well if the west has better goalies, then why is the goalie on the tournament team from the east. Dan Groves from DL, he played an extremly good tournament, and was by far the best goalie this weekend, even better than the ones from the west.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jkaiz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:40 pm

because he made it to the winners bracket
jkaiz

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:04 pm

Yeah I dont care where Boldt is from, he played the best out of any goalie at state period. not saying he is the best but you can't take anything away from him.
sportsfan1989

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:04 pm

its kinda hard to pick east or west, decent talent for each
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:29 pm

thankyou_sir41 wrote:its kinda hard to pick east or west, decent talent for each

hard to catch the sarcasm there.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dk All Day » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:00 pm

why didnt kyle haugeneau play for williston? Not saying he could do better but he didnt play in wda either. Is thier a reason behind this?
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:41 pm

he did the very next game. they rotate every game.
klg_11

Postby bbq_chicken_fan83 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:40 am

In no way is Sean Deichert the best goalie in ND.
bbq_chicken_fan83

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:27 pm

bbq_chicken_fan83 wrote:In no way is Sean Deichert the best goalie in ND.

I would definetly agree
sportsfan1989

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:13 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
bbq_chicken_fan83 wrote:In no way is Sean Deichert the best goalie in ND.

I would definetly agree

Agree. He had an amazing team when they won the Championship. And this year he had a bunch of individuals and didnt do so hot. But he still put up good numbers and had a good season.
northdakotaprep35

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:21 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:Well if the west has better goalies, then why is the goalie on the tournament team from the east. Dan Groves from DL, he played an extremly good tournament, and was by far the best goalie this weekend, even better than the ones from the west.

I like how all season the east is like dl wont do anything and than their goalie gets all tourny team and they are like ya its because he is from the east even though he was good his soph year in the west
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:04 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:Well if the west has better goalies, then why is the goalie on the tournament team from the east. Dan Groves from DL, he played an extremly good tournament, and was by far the best goalie this weekend, even better than the ones from the west.

I like how all season the east is like dl wont do anything and than their goalie gets all tourny team and they are like ya its because he is from the east even though he was good his soph year in the west

and if he still played in the west, he wouldnt have been selected to the tourny team, just because of the fact that they probably wouldnt have advanced out of the first round. its very hard to give all tourny goalie to someone whos team took 5th place. so yes, it was because he was from the east, and yes he was a good goalie in the west, and he will be one of the top for next year.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:48 am

DeuceTrey wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

and if he still played in the west, he wouldnt have been selected to the tourny team, just because of the fact that they probably wouldnt have advanced out of the first round. its very hard to give all tourny goalie to someone whos team took 5th place. so yes, it was because he was from the east, and yes he was a good goalie in the west, and he will be one of the top for next year.

i actually think devils lake staying in the west gave the west it's best chance of gettting by the 1st round.  i'm guessing they would of one the west region and maybe could of knocked of the 4th team out of the east. 

ps.  nice photo i forgot about the american gladitors 
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:49 pm

The Hockey Wizzard wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

i actually think devils lake staying in the west gave the west it's best chance of gettting by the 1st round.  i'm guessing they would of one the west region and maybe could of knocked of the 4th team out of the east. 

ps.  nice photo i forgot about the american gladitors 

if DL would have stayed in the west and gotten the number 1 seed, they would have more than likely played Fargo North, a team they beat three times, but it was close every game. if they didnt have the hard games they did this year against all the east teams, i dont think they would have done it. not bashing the west, but by playing east teams, it greatly improved the team.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Hockey