State

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Whose gonna win state?

Poll runs till Sat Apr 16, 2044 8:00 pm

Minot
5%
Williston
5%
Bismarck Century
8%
Fargo South
24%
Grand Forks Red River
27%
Grafton/Park River
14%
Devils Lake
14%
Bismarck
3%

Total votes : 37

Postby Orr4 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:43 pm

Just want to know what you guys think on who is gonna take home the hardware?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DrPepper1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:15 pm

South's playing good hockey at the right time.  They're finally looking like the team that they had earlier in the year against White Bear and Moorhead.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:58 pm

I got Century taken it home!

Just kidding, RR all the way.
ndfootball

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:39 pm

DrPepper1 wrote:South's playing good hockey at the right time.  They're finally looking like the team that they had earlier in the year against White Bear and Moorhead.

I think they're playing much better than they did against even WBL and Moorhead. I also vote FS. I think they could put up a close win against Moorhead if they played again like this. Should be an interesting tourney though, we'll see if South shows up for State. Still a close running between RR, South, and a while behind you get Grafton.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:29 pm

I like how people voted for teams other than south and RR.  Because unless Grafton pulls some magic, its going to be a South-Red River game.  And it should be a great game.
ndfootball

Postby UND#1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:38 pm

ndfootball wrote:I like how people voted for teams other than south and RR.  Because unless Grafton pulls some magic, its going to be a South-Red River game.  And it should be a great game.

Grafton can definently pull an upset.  They have allready beat Red River and they played south close.  Now it would be crazy if they beat them in back to back nights.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby football#1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:16 am

who plays who in state

football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby hcky1616 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:01 am

[align=center]BOY'S STATE HOCKEY TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE[/align]

[align=center]Thursday, February 22nd - Ralph Engelstad Arena[/align]

[align=left]12:00 pm      #1E-Fargo South        vs      #4W-Bismarck Century

2:30 pm      #2W-Minot                 vs      #3E-Grafton/Park River

6:00 pm      #1W-Bis. High            vs     #4E-Devils Lake
[/align]

[align=left]  8:30 pm      #2E-G.F. Red River   vs     #3W-Williston[/align]
hcky1616

Postby UND#1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:05 am

football#1 wrote:who plays who in state

1)Fargo South--4)Bismark Century

2)Red River--3)Williston

3)Grafton--2)Minot

4)Devils Lake--1)Bismark High
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Csauce123 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:09 am

Yes Grafton could beat south in the semis, but you need to realize the only game they really played south tough was at home. As we all know Grafton is a tough place to steal a win.  The other 2 games they were outscored 14-4.  I believe home ice was the only thing keeping Grafton in the picture.
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:57 pm

I have bismarck high taken down Devils Lake first round, Bismarcks playing good these days.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:34 pm

Ditka14 wrote:I have bismarck high taken down Devils Lake first round, Bismarcks playing good these days.

Out of all the first round pairings that are there, this will be the only one that has a shot at a west team winning in the first round.  If Bismarck loses then it will most likely be Minot and BHS in the Consolation Championship, pretty much like always.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DrPepper1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:43 pm

Bismarck Century with 3 votes?  I really hope you 3 weren't being serious.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:17 pm

MHSfan wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:I have bismarck high taken down Devils Lake first round, Bismarcks playing good these days.

Out of all the first round pairings that are there, this will be the only one that has a shot at a west team winning in the first round.  If Bismarck loses then it will most likely be Minot and BHS in the Consolation Championship, pretty much like always.

Crude depiction of the brackets :) East goes to the east, west goes to the west. Evil cardinal directions I say.

Last edited by HockeyHigh on Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:45 am

poor west, i think they should jsut say out west and play there consolation tournament out there in minot or somting. O well, more money for Grand Forks.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:20 am

It's apparent some of you have too much hometown pride. 
Last edited by Unity77 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Unity77 wrote:It's apparent some of you have too much hometown pride. 

Prove to me that the west is strong and I will be humble, but in the meanwhile I will joke about it. :)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:22 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
Unity77 wrote:It's apparent some of you have too much hometown pride. 

Prove to me that the west is strong and I will be humble, but in the meanwhile I will joke about it. :)

I was referring to Bismarck Century and Devils Lake.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:47 pm

gfhockey wrote:poor west, i think they should jsut say out west and play there consolation tournament out there in minot or somting. O well, more money for Grand Forks.
Do you ever have anything to say besides bashing the west...because it seems to me like everytime you say something your always talking about the west and because they aren't as good as the east.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Orr4 wrote:
gfhockey wrote:poor west, i think they should jsut say out west and play there consolation tournament out there in minot or somting. O well, more money for Grand Forks.
Do you ever have anything to say besides bashing the west...because it seems to me like everytime you say something your always talking about the west and because they aren't as good as the east.

Im from the west and as long as we show that we deserve rescpect he should be able to say those cocky things, its not like he's honestly lieing. It not cool we can't compete, but he's right it would save alot of trouble its the WDA and EDC tournament after the first day anyways
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:01 pm

I dont think that DL is that tough.  Minot lost to them in overtime on a penelty shot.  I think that Bismark can play with them and make it close.  Grafton is tougher but beatable.
ndfootball

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:29 pm

ledahl14 wrote:dude ur from mandan of course u struggle.... i mean come on... but this year the west might actually have a couple teams in the winners bracket.... so lets lay off guys and wait to see what happens at state

[align=left]12:00 pm      #1E-Fargo South        vs      #4W-Bismarck Century

2:30 pm      #2W-Minot                 vs      #3E-Grafton/Park River

6:00 pm      #1W-Bis. High            vs     #4E-Devils Lake
[/align]
[align=left]  8:30 pm      #2E-G.F. Red River   vs     #3W-Williston[/align]
[align=left]From this bracket the only west team that I truely forsee having a good shot at winning is Bismark High against Devils Lake. South should easily beat Century, GPR should be able to handle Minot (May be a close one?) and RR should manhandle Williston. At the best 2 West teams could pull through to the semifinals, which would be a miracle.[/align]
[align=left] [/align]
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:42 pm

#2 seed form the east has the easiet bracket in a long time, first willion then Dl which they jsut beat 8-0,
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndman » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:37 pm

unless Bismarck beats DL because taht could happen very easily.
ndman

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:58 pm

ledahl14 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:

Im from the west and as long as we show that we deserve rescpect he should be able to say those cocky things, its not like he's honestly lieing. It not cool we can't compete, but he's right it would save alot of trouble its the WDA and EDC tournament after the first day anyways
dude ur from mandan of course u struggle.... i mean come on... but this year the west might actually have a couple teams in the winners bracket.... so lets lay off guys and wait to see what happens at state

Dude put where your from i could care less its my opinion, at least i have the ball to put by my name what i represent, can you say the same?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Hockey