State

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Whose gonna win state?

Poll runs till Sat Apr 16, 2044 8:00 pm

Minot
5%
Williston
5%
Bismarck Century
8%
Fargo South
24%
Grand Forks Red River
27%
Grafton/Park River
14%
Devils Lake
14%
Bismarck
3%

Total votes : 37

Postby x west player » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:59 pm

when it comes down to it all it will be south and RR because south killed grafton in EDC 8-2 and as for the BHS DL game it really wont matter because RR will take the win in that one in the 2nd round so the south RR game is the championship witch is going to come down to the wire but i think south 3-2 in ot
x west player
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Spoiler92 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:08 pm

Here is another "rumor" from RR.

The player that is not playing in the State Tournament is Adam Crary, who had to have surgury on his leg because of a torn muscle. He tore the muscle when the ref stepped on him toward the end of the second period.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:05 am

x west player wrote:when it comes down to it all it will be south and RR because south killed grafton in EDC 8-2 and as for the BHS DL game it really wont matter because RR will take the win in that one in the 2nd round so the south RR game is the championship witch is going to come down to the wire but i think south 3-2 in ot

Who really cares what happened during the regular season and the EDC tourney.   It's dangerous to think regular season play will determine the outcome of the state tourney, especially when there are 6 teams (not including B.C. and Williston) that have a descent shot at making it to the championship game.  Upsets can and do happen. 

BTW, I can't see South beating Grafton 4 times in one year.
Last edited by Unity77 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:52 am

RR has any easy road. So im assuming them vs winner of gpr vs FS
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Csauce123 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:11 am

idk for some reason I can see Grafton getting beat in round 1.. Call it wishful thinking:)
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:10 pm

Unity77 wrote:BTW, I can't see South beating Grafton 4 times in one year.

I can

=)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby random guy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:12 pm

The only team that I can personally see getting beat in the East is Devils Lake. Minot hasn't won a first round game for 12 straight quarterfinals and two previous years they were either undefeated or lost a couple games and still got beat by an East Region 4th place finisher. Devils Lake is a strong hockey team, and probably will come out with a win, but Bismarck has a great goaltender in Michael Hillman and they will give them some stiff competition. Fargo South will roll over Century and RR will easily roll over Williston. The GPR and Minot game should be a good first period until GPR's speed just takes over the game and burns around Minot.
random guy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby UND#1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:47 pm

BHS can definently beat DL.  Remember that DL lost 4-7 against Jamestown, who is a west team who didnt even make the touney.  I got BHS winning the game because they have hillman in net.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:49 pm

The real problem with the bracket setup is why the #1 Team in the East has a harder bracket than the #2 team in the east. Of course this isn't intentionally set up, but it isn't too practical either.

Anyhow, predictions on the Grafton/Minot vs Fargo South game anyone? How about RR vs South for the championship?

I've got south over RR in the championship 2-1. Dunno about overtime.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:09 am

Malm knows what he did during the edc title game.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Csauce123 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:12 am

I live in Fargo where can I listen to the games today?  There was nothing listed in the Forum.
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:13 am

Are any of the radio stations in Grafton and/or Minot streaming today's game?
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kgmvp8807 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:23 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
DrPepper1 wrote:South's playing good hockey at the right time.  They're finally looking like the team that they had earlier in the year against White Bear and Moorhead.

I think they're playing much better than they did against even WBL and Moorhead. I also vote FS. I think they could put up a close win against Moorhead if they played again like this. Should be an interesting tourney though, we'll see if South shows up for State. Still a close running between RR, South, and a while behind you get Grafton.

south would not beat moorhead. red river would lose by even more. minnesota hockey and north dakota hockey are not even in the same league. all 4 teams from the east will win. south vs. red river for the championship. red river 4-2.
kgmvp8807

Postby Unity77 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:30 am

HockeyHigh wrote:Anyhow, predictions on the Grafton/Minot vs Fargo South game anyone? How about RR vs South for the championship?

I've got south over RR in the championship 2-1. Dunno about overtime.

[font=times new roman][b]Here are my predictions for today's games.  I have a feeling both South and RR will score more than 10 goals.

[b]Fargo
South 10

Bismarck Century 0

Grafton/Park River 5

Minot 2

Devils Lake 4

Bismarck High 1      

G.F. Red River 10

Williston 0

[/b]

[/font][/b] 
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Unity77 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:44 am

kgmvp8807 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:
DrPepper1 wrote:South's playing good hockey at the right time.  They're finally looking like the team that they had earlier in the year against White Bear and Moorhead.

I think they're playing much better than they did against even WBL and Moorhead. I also vote FS. I think they could put up a close win against Moorhead if they played again like this. Should be an interesting tourney though, we'll see if South shows up for State. Still a close running between RR, South, and a while behind you get Grafton.

south would not beat moorhead. red river would lose by even more. minnesota hockey and north dakota hockey are not even in the same league. all 4 teams from the east will win. south vs. red river for the championship. red river 4-2.

There are a few ND teams (ie Grafton, RR, & South) on the same level as MN's class A teams.  They might even be at the same level as most of MN's class AA schools.  When it comes to MN's powerhouse teams though; it's a different story.

[font=Times New Roman][/font] 
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Csauce123 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:00 am

South's team last year and Moorhead's team this year would be a good game guarenteed.
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:31 pm

South's team this year vs. moorhead's team this year was a phenominal game.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_SportsNut » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:52 pm

UND#1 wrote:BHS can definently beat DL.  Remember that DL lost 4-7 against Jamestown, who is a west team who didnt even make the touney.  I got BHS winning the game because they have hillman in net.

Now DL had the largest margin of victory and RR had the least margin of victory. I guess thats what you call tourney time.
ND_SportsNut

Postby Unity77 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:30 am

[font=Times New Roman]Today’s game predictions:[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Grafton / PR 3[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]South 2[/font]

[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Red River 3[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Devils Lake 1[/font]

Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:21 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:
UND#1 wrote:BHS can definently beat DL.  Remember that DL lost 4-7 against Jamestown, who is a west team who didnt even make the touney.  I got BHS winning the game because they have hillman in net.

Now DL had the largest margin of victory and RR had the least margin of victory. I guess thats what you call tourney time.

Thats what you call hillman having a bad game 15 shots-6 goals WOW, i would have never saw that coming from him. Devils lake must have just been lighting him up.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ledahl14 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Unity77 wrote:
x west player wrote:when it comes down to it all it will be south and RR because south killed grafton in EDC 8-2 and as for the BHS DL game it really wont matter because RR will take the win in that one in the 2nd round so the south RR game is the championship witch is going to come down to the wire but i think south 3-2 in ot

Who really cares what happened during the regular season and the EDC tourney.   It's dangerous to think regular season play will determine the outcome of the state tourney, especially when there are 6 teams (not including B.C. and Williston) that have a descent shot at making it to the championship game.  Upsets can and do happen. 

BTW, I can't see South beating Grafton 4 times in one year.

come on now u didn't include williston but if ur talkin bout upsets.... williston was dang close to about this biggest upset in state hockey history
ledahl14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:03 pm

The chance of Williston upsetting RR never crossed my mind.  I really thought RR would blow them out, which they basically did when you look at the overall shots.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ledahl14 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:38 pm

Unity77 wrote:The chance of Williston upsetting RR never crossed my mind.  I really thought RR would blow them out, which they basically did when you look at the overall shots.

ya they outshot williston by alot but they were pretty much all from the points, and weren't real quality shots
ledahl14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Orr4 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:13 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
gfhockey wrote:poor west, i think they should jsut say out west and play there consolation tournament out there in minot or somting. O well, more money for Grand Forks.
Do you ever have anything to say besides bashing the west...because it seems to me like everytime you say something your always talking about the west and because they aren't as good as the east.

Im from the west and as long as we show that we deserve rescpect he should be able to say those cocky things, its not like he's honestly lieing. It not cool we can't compete, but he's right it would save alot of trouble its the WDA and EDC tournament after the first day anyways
Ok then gfhockey and ditka14...then let me explain how Williston was BEATING Red River with 4:30 left in the game. We were beating them because we disrupted their game plan. We knew what they were gonna do and we took control of that.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:50 pm

Unity77 wrote:The chance of Williston upsetting RR never crossed my mind.  I really thought RR would blow them out, which they basically did when you look at the overall shots.

how can you say that RR basically blew out williston based on shots, i thought the score was 4-2 (which 1 was an empty netter).  i know RR won, but shots don't matter it's what the scoreboard reads at the end of the game.
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Hockey