All Conference players

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDSUGrad » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm

Does anyone know who made the all conference team?
NDSUGrad
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND#1 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:42 pm

Herbal got the award for the western athlete of the year or what ever they called it.  I dont know about that because he played on a team that got beat 9-3 in a playin game.  I think you have to give taht award to Hillman or Stremick from minot.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Kyle Everson from Devils Lake got all tournment team in the east
ndsubball

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:20 pm

UND#1 wrote:Herbal got the award for the western athlete of the year or what ever they called it.  I dont know about that because he played on a team that got beat 9-3 in a playin game.  I think you have to give taht award to Hillman or Stremick from minot.

The award is based on more than one or two games, thats why they call it the "athlete of the year" award.  It's not based on who you play for, but your overall play as a hockey player. 

It sounds to me that you are anti-bottineau, you don't give justin heth or eric herbal credit.  Herbal stands out no matter who bottineau played.  And after taking in some hockey action in bismarck, alot of fans were amazed by his abilities on the ice. 

I watched all teams play at least once and herbal stood out.  there were other good players, but he is a step above the rest.  I'm not a bias hockey fan, but he deserved the award.
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ironrange » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:03 pm

UND#1 wrote:Herbal got the award for the western athlete of the year or what ever they called it.  I dont know about that because he played on a team that got beat 9-3 in a playin game.  I think you have to give taht award to Hillman or Stremick from minot.

Did you even watch the tournament cause if you did you wouldn't be saying that.   Herbel was by far the dominant player in the tournament.  Hillman played good but he doesn't stand out like Herbel.  It was just nice to see Herbel finally get some credit.  Oh and were was Stremick for the tourney.
ironrange

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:58 am

Danny Wurden won Senior Athlete of the Year in the east
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:06 am

ironrange wrote:

Did you even watch the tournament cause if you did you wouldn't be saying that.   Herbel was by far the dominant player in the tournament.  Hillman played good but he doesn't stand out like Herbel.  It was just nice to see Herbel finally get some credit.  Oh and were was Stremick for the tourney.

im just gonna argue with your statement that herbal was by far the dominant player in the tournement bcuz that was just dumb bcuz obviously schmidt from minot was the most dominant player in the tournement wat did he have 7 goals and 3 assists in 3 games
smart source

Postby Baller » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:14 am

ALL-WEST REGION

Senior athlete of the year:Eric Herbel, Bottineau.

Co-coaches of the year: David Hoff, Bottineau and Dave Hanneman,Dickinson.

All-region:Bismarck - Andrew Seeberg, F. Cole Geis, F. Jared LaBere, D. Michel Hillman, G. Bottineau - Eric Herbel, F. Justin Heth, D. Century - Drew Flanagin, D. Dickinson - Jeff Kaiser, F.Grant Kovacs, G. Hazen-Beulah - Jayden Oakland, F. Jamestown - Zach Welding, F. Mikael Foss, F. Nic Spenningsby, D. Minot - Nathan Stremick, F. Bryce Schmitt, F. Isak Tengesdal, F. Dan Hendrickson, D. Williston - Shawn Erickson, F. Colby Rehak,D
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DrPepper1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:55 am

2007 East Region All Conference Team

F - Eric Meland - Grand Forks Red River (24g, 23a, 47 pts.)
F - Andrew Vigen - Grand Forks Red River (18g, 16a, 34 pts.)
F - Tanner Hills - Grafton-Park River (12g, 26a, 38 pts.)
F - Zach Miller - Grafton-Park River (27, 24a, 51 pts.)
F - Logan Doeden - Fargo South (17g, 21a, 38pts.)
F - Jake McDougall - Fargo South (17g, 29a, 46pts.)
F - Tanner Bombenger - Fargo North (21g, 15a, 36 pts.)
F - Kyle Everson - Devils Lake (24g, 20a, 44 pts.)
F - Tyler Klein - Fargo North (14g, 22a, 36pts.)

D - Danny Wurden - Fargo South (18g, 23a, 41 pts.)
D - Jarret Galbreath - Grand Forks Red River (5g, 14a, 19 pts.)
D - Tyler Swanson - West Fargo (4g, 10a, 14 pts.)
D - Ryan Ladouceur - Grand Forks Red River (6g, 19a, 25 pts.)

G - Sean Deichert - Fargo South (2.34 G.A.A., 90.3% save %, (17-6))
G - Pat Arnaeson - Grand Forks Red River (1.06 G.A.A., 94.7 % save %, (15-1))

Coach of the Year - Jay Haugland - Grafton-Park River

Player of the Year - Danny Wurden - Fargo South
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:27 pm

[align=left]EAST REGION AWARD WINNERS

Outstanding Senior Award:       Danny Wurden  [Fargo South]
Coach of the Year:                     Jay Haugland  [Grafton/P.R.]
[/align]
[align=left]WEST REGION AWARD WINNERS[/align]
[align=left]Outstanding Senior Award:       Eric Herbel   [Bottineau]
Coach of the Year:                     David Hoff  [Bottineau]
                                                    Dave Hanneman  [Dickinson]
[/align]
[align=left]West Region All-Tournament Team
G-Michael Hillman       [Bismarck High]
G-Grant Kovacs            [Dickinson]
D-Justin Heth                [Bottineau]D-Colby Rehak             [Williston]
D-Dan Hendrickson      [Minot]
D-Jared Labere             [Bismarck High]F-Eric Herbel                 [Bottineau]
F-Bryce Schmitt             [Minot]
F-Nathan Stremick        [Minot]
F-Drew Hausauer          [Bismarck Century]
F-Cole Geis                    [Bismarck High]
F-Isak Tengesdahl         [Minot]
[/align]
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbq_chicken_fan83 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:59 pm

Why did that Hausauer kid make it? What did he score a goal in the tournament against Hazen or something? That kid is not a very good player. That is a handout.
bbq_chicken_fan83

Postby Gophers9 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:43 pm

Tyler Swanson All Conference and all State. 14 points. Big Joke.
Gophers9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:56 pm

tyler swanson is a defensemen and most defensemen dont put up big points (with this years exception of danny wurden). from what ive heard and seen, he played solid D and helped keep the puck out of the net, just like a defensemen is supposed to do.
highheat

Postby kel20Nd » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:06 pm

Last edited by kel20Nd on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kel20Nd

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:05 pm

bbq_chicken_fan83 wrote:Why did that Hausauer kid make it? What did he score a goal in the tournament against Hazen or something? That kid is not a very good player. That is a handout.

Thanx how did the elustrious mandan team do I do not have to justify how i made it when neumerious memebers of the press come op to me and tell me they love how i play the game what have you done with your life a hole

and not to sound cockey but i got all conference honerable mention so i think that there must be some people that respect me or at least the way i play the game
Last edited by Saucesauer on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:50 am

smart source wrote:
ironrange wrote:

im just gonna argue with your statement that herbal was by far the dominant player in the tournement bcuz that was just dumb bcuz obviously schmidt from minot was the most dominant player in the tournement wat did he have 7 goals and 3 assists in 3 games
just so you know, using schmidt as an argument for eric getting the Senior athlete of the year is dumb. Eric=Senior Schmidt=Freshman. Also, the game where he got 4 goal, that was mostly because he was just in the right place at the right time. There is some skill that played into him scoreing but luck had alot to do with it. I am not saying that Schmidt is a bad  player at all. He will probably become a Mr. Hockey Finalist in later years. I am just saying that you cannot use him as an argument
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Hockey