Best Defensemen

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsfan1989 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:04 pm

I was just wondering what your opinons are on who the best defense player is.
sportsfan1989

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Danny Wurden (FS)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:08 am

Id throw in Rehak from williston does make many mistakes and hes a junior also, Spennisby from jamestown is good but he needs to learn to shut his mouth, which hurts his team at times.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:29 pm

[font=courier new]i would say that justin heth from bottineau is right up there.  he logs at least 30-40 minutes per game, he is good at both ends of the ice.  he might be alittle underrated, because he plays for bottineau.  i wouldn't be surprised if he makes team nd.[/font]
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UND#1 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:45 pm

The Hockey Wizzard wrote:[font=courier new]i would say that justin heth from bottineau is right up there.  he logs at least 30-40 minutes per game, he is good at both ends of the ice.  he might be alittle underrated, because he plays for bottineau.  i wouldn't be surprised if he makes team nd.[/font]

Hate to say it but Justin Heth is not even close to the best defensemen is the state.  The top defensemen is Danny Wurden, and I dont think you can argure that.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:10 pm

UND#1 wrote:
The Hockey Wizzard wrote:[font=courier new]i would say that justin heth from bottineau is right up there.  he logs at least 30-40 minutes per game, he is good at both ends of the ice.  he might be alittle underrated, because he plays for bottineau.  i wouldn't be surprised if he makes team nd.[/font]

Hate to say it but Justin Heth is not even close to the best defensemen is the state.  The top defensemen is Danny Wurden, and I dont think you can argure that.

i never said he was the best defensemen, i said he was right up there. 
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wiregon » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:43 am

you are joking
wiregon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:34 am

wiregon wrote:

you are joking

yeah there is really no chance of that, I would say Wurden is probably the best defensemen but I also would say Rehak is a very good defensemen and has alot of talent
sportsfan1989

Postby jkaiz » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:40 am

im surprised Jarrett Galbreath from RR hasnt been mentioned yet
jkaiz

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:42 pm

jkaiz wrote:im surprised Jarrett Galbreath from RR hasnt been mentioned yet
Watching the RR/South game, I really didn't see the best defensive plays coming out of RR's end, so I don't know how good RR is defensively, or Jarrett himself is. However, souths defense seemed to be keeping them up in the game along with Dichert playing on his head.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:07 pm

i'd say hendrickson is one of the hardest hitting defensive players
smart source

Postby DrPepper1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:44 pm

I heard Galbreath separated his shoulder in the second period of the EDC championship game.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:04 pm

DrPepper1 wrote:I heard Galbreath separated his shoulder in the second period of the EDC championship game.

Wouldn't doubt it, there were some huge hits in that game, most of them received by RR. Though RR had some big ones also.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ledahl14 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:45 pm

Ditka14 wrote:Id throw in Rehak from williston does make many mistakes and hes a junior also, Spennisby from jamestown is good but he needs to learn to shut his mouth, which hurts his team at times.

I'd agree w/ ditka on rehak.... the kid can move the puck really well and can hit like a train and always clean... the kid has a head on him.. i mean they were talkin bout him at state last year when he was just a sophomore
ledahl14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:29 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
wiregon wrote:

you are joking

yeah there is really no chance of that, I would say Wurden is probably the best defensemen but I also would say Rehak is a very good defensemen and has alot of talent

Justin Heth was the only defensemen who was unanimously selected to the All-West Region Team.  Not Rehak or any other defensemen, just Justin Heth.  I never said he was the best defensemen, but he is "right up there."  According to whoever votes for the All-West Region Team, they voted unanimously on Heth.  Swallow your pride and give the kid from Bottineau some credit.
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:36 pm

The Hockey Wizzard wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
wiregon wrote:

you are joking

Justin Heth was the only defensemen who was unanimously selected to the All-West Region Team.  Not Rehak or any other defensemen, just Justin Heth.  I never said he was the best defensemen, but he is "right up there."  According to whoever votes for the All-West Region Team, they voted unanimously on Heth.  Swallow your pride and give the kid from Bottineau some credit.

Im not giving anyone from bottineau too much credit.
ndfootball

Postby sportsfan1989 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:00 pm

ndfootball wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
wiregon wrote:

you are joking

Im not giving anyone from bottineau too much credit.
Yeah I agree I don't really care how he was voted in he is still not better then Rehak or Wurden period.
sportsfan1989

Postby minotfan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:00 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
wiregon wrote:

you are joking

false statement Dan Hendrickson was also a unanimous selection for defense
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby anderson16 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:07 pm

There shouldn't be any talk of any other defensemen other than Danny Wurden. he's got Mr. Hockey in the bag.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ironrange » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:39 pm

minotfan wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
wiregon wrote:

you are joking

false statement Dan Hendrickson was also a unanimous selection for defense
was hendrockson unanimous for the tournament or the season and everybody has not been saying that heth is better than wurden and i wouldn't say that either but behind wurden he is right up there in the top 3 but i dont think we'll get to see him play for team nd
ironrange

Postby RazorsEdge » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:17 am

Last year everone was critical of Tyler Jundt. He is now in the USHL. Get over where the kid is from. Believe it or not there are hockey players west of I-29.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:32 am

RazorsEdge wrote:Last year everone was critical of Tyler Jundt. He is now in the USHL. Get over where the kid is from. Believe it or not there are hockey players west of I-29.

Tyler Jundt also lead his team to the state touney, and played mainly ND teams, unlike Bottineau who played some very bad canadian teams.
ndfootball

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:21 am

Jundt was a stud, anyone could have seen that when they saw him play. Heath is not on the same level as to what jundt was at his age. Jundt was the TEAM for Williston, without him they would proboly not made state last year. He carried that team, and anyone could have seen that being from the west or east.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Metal Edge » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:56 am

Justin Heth was the only defencemen in the "West" that was unanimously picked on the "All West Region Team" (as a defencemen).  Dan Hendrickson was picked, but not unanimously.  I watched the kid play and he deserves the award, he is a good hockey player. 
Last edited by Metal Edge on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:51 pm

Thought this article would interest people in this thread.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=157350

If you need a Username/PW use:

Username: [url=mailto:skiptomylou@backpacker.com]skiptomylou@backpacker.com[/url]

Password: lice

Article is from The Forum (Fargo).
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Hockey