Shanley

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:07 am

talk about a dynasty
ghetto*revival

Postby gfhockey » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:18 am

huh?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:36 am

chris stokke adam richard noah harvey the future of SHS hockey
ghetto*revival

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:54 am

I remember last year, at the Purpur Arena in Grand Forks. It was a great day. Shanley was playing GFC. GFC went up 3 to 0 early and then Jordan Weir added a goal before the end of the period. They got back in the game and were down 4 to 3 going into the 3rd. Pat Thomas scored the only goal in the third sending it into overtime. In the overtime Thomas scored again with 37 seconds left to win the game. Upset over Central. All this in his and most of the teams first High School game. Not just that but this year they have only 2 seniors and 9 freshman on varsity. Both Peewee team won state last year as well. If that's not a dynasty in the making then I don't know what is. GO SHANLEY!!!!!1111
ghetto*revival

Postby gfhockey » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:55 am

How many state titles u got? How many Title games u guys been to? How many EDC tournament or regular season titles u got? HOw many third place finished at state u guys got?

Answer to all questions-0
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:37 am

How many varsity has Shanley ever won???
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby highheat » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:24 pm

ill believe theyll be a dynasty when they win more than one state tournament. how about they start with making it to state. a lot can change between pee wee and high school hockey.
highheat

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:30 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:I remember last year, at the Purpur Arena in Grand Forks. It was a great day. Shanley was playing GFC. GFC went up 3 to 0 early and then Jordan Weir added a goal before the end of the period. They got back in the game and were down 4 to 3 going into the 3rd. Pat Thomas scored the only goal in the third sending it into overtime. In the overtime Thomas scored again with 37 seconds left to win the game. Upset over Central. All this in his and most of the teams first High School game. Not just that but this year they have only 2 seniors and 9 freshman on varsity. Both Peewee team won state last year as well. If that's not a dynasty in the making then I don't know what is. GO SHANLEY!!!!!1111

Thanks for the recap, what happened to this year?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby coast2coast » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks to the Fargo Angels, if they do in fact go to Shanley, Shanley will be a power in 4-5 years.  Too bad they have to go through the transitional phase of being absolutely terrible.
coast2coast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Spoiler92 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:22 am

Don't know about that.  I know one of Fargo Angels best goalies, Chance Bitzer, and he is being recruited by Shattuck St. Marys.  If he leaves, then who you got in net in 4-5 years?
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1337 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:28 am

Not to mention a third high school coming up in Fargo. My guess, it will only stand to hurt the SHS hockey program.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ghetto*revival » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:53 am

Well Ditka. Shanley had 9 freshman and a total of 13 kids playing in there first high school game. Not quite the case for GFC was it. And whoever said how many varsity wins. Shanley has been asked and refuses to play against JV teams so to answer that question this year so far 4 wins. GFC has 3 wins this year. So to put into comparison I believe that 100 percent of the time 4 is greater than 3. GFC has a total of 8 sophomores or younger and I know that at least for of them play mostly JV. WIthout Simonson Central now has no superstars and has one person in double digits with points. Shanley on the other hand has 2 players in double digits with Thomas at 13 and Sinner at 10. If Central had 13 first year players I know Shanley would win, but I strongly believe that if they had a rematch at EDC or later in the year that Shanley would top Central in a decently close game.
ghetto*revival

Postby UNDBaseball » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:57 am

That's one of the stupidest things i've ever heard.  Simonson had 2 points this year before he quit...i don't think that's quite a superstar...and there is no way shanley would beat GFC still...they are absolutely terrible, it's not saying much when you beat whapeton twice, hazen-beulah, and red lake falls...thats just as bad as playing a jv team, probably even worse
UNDBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:51 pm

shanley isnt good and probably never will be, at least not in the forseeable future.
highheat

Postby shs01240 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:02 pm

guys...come on....this whole thread is obviously a joke, and whats hilarious is that you all took it seriously. stop acknoweldging it and save the credibility of this site...............dont hate me ghetto revival.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:19 am

Shanley is a dynasty with Pat Thomas and Peter Hvidston i mean the kid skated all over South but he had no help from his team......Even though the score was 14-0 we need to look at all the great things that came out of it 1. No one got injured 2. Everyone played there heart out 3. Jesus loves everyone one of them 4. South lost to RR 8-0

You just wait 2-3 years and they will be playing competitively with everyone
Last edited by Claz B Fan on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ghetto*revival » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:33 am

tru dat
ghetto*revival

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:41 am

NO they arent garbage consists of old food items or boxes stuff thats thrown away Shanley is not thrown away so please dont say that.... And I have a question for you how are the Sioux doing this year in Hockey or Basketball??
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:43 am

Claz B Fan wrote:NO they arent garbage consists of old food items or boxes stuff thats thrown away Shanley is not thrown away so please dont say that.... And I have a question for you how are the Sioux doing this year in Hockey or Basketball??

women's basketball is ranked #1 in the nation!!!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gfhockey » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:47 pm

and the sioux i believe are 14 or 15 and have 7 more d1 titles then fargo
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:34 pm

classbfan stick to your class B topics like those class B hockey teams that are non existant

and ghetto revival how big of a loser are you to be from comton and talkin about north dakota athletics and if you are just sayin your from comton to try to sound coool you are and absolute loser

and the reason shanly says no to playing JV teams is because they dont want to be embarressed and lose to them so the Varsity has to play them or the Varsity loses 2 points and with that counting as a varsity game they lose one game on the schedual with a team that will put up more of a contest than them
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shs01240 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:43 pm

once again you have all succumbed to this joke that is becoming more hilarious with each new post. this time, pleasse keep posting. i find this all very amusing
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Hockey