BIG East Lovers, DL haters, & West Non-commenters

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby hockeyfan02 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:56 pm

For the last 2 or 3 months topics have been posted, regarding many diffrent things, and it seems to me that 70-80 percent of the topics come down to how bad DL is, or unworthy the West is, or how 3 teams out of the east are so spectacular. Now most of the time people "kids" or recent graduates who are living vicariously through their old teams contradicit them selfs by talking about scores or shots, or who beats who... A team can sweep, or get swept, but if its not one of the top three in the east, its a fluke. I would like to say acouple of things: On this site, people take every game so serious...like its a state championship, we need to realize folks that the 2nd and 3rd weeks in feburary are coming really fast, and the more crap that is talked, the worse people are going to feel if their team looses beacause there was a weak goal...a goal similar to the weak goals that have won games thus far in the year. I have read all of your comments on topics and most of you seem to have a clue, but don't dimminish your IQs' by getting cocky, and over anxious. Thinking before you speak has always been a safe bet....One last thing: Its just a highschool sport, so unless anyone is living in vegas betting at the palms on every game that is played in Good Ole ND, Don't take it so serious.
hockeyfan02

Postby gfhockey » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:20 am

Ill admit it, i have probably done some things said in your post. Here is my reasoning, I do it because people say how good DL or any team in the west it and they say how tough of a matchup it will be and it ALWAYS ends up not that tough. I dont mind saying the truth and saying the for example, the west wont win a title this year. that is the truth and peopel form the west wont beleive it but that it the truth and will be for a while.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby BenchRanger » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:18 am

Here's a good way of letting everything fall where they may.... Nobody posts anything until the season is over. Then you can brag or rip on any team you want to. As a rule, you cannot say anything about next year until after next year's state tourney.
It's not how high you climb, but how high you bounce after you fall. Gen. George Patton
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RazorsEdge » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:51 pm

Until the Mighty East will allow high school hockey to be north / south we will always have this issue. Devils Lake should be happy to be in the east because playing better competition will make them better.  Not making it to state and playing in the east is better than winning the west as far as player development goes. Why can eastern teams go 400 miles east to play but will not go 300 west? Until we care more about North Dakota improvement and less about our own team nothing is going to change.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:23 pm

U say we would raise north dakota level of competition huh? Well ur wrong. If what u say is true, playing better teams makes u better i totally agree. So then why woudl the east wanna play bad teams and make there teams not as good and then totally not compete with the better teams of minnesota. Therefore crappier team equals not as much talk in the hockey world. how about this? West can keep there sports they win in all the time liek wrestling and the east will keep theres like hockey. fair trade off haha:D
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby RazorsEdge » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:26 pm

Go north south and get 8 good teams to state. Or see if you can move to the Minnesota league.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:32 pm

Our 8 team east region would be the exact same as state pretty much or the top 5 or 6 would be.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Clark17 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:11 pm

ND peewee and bantam A hockey is north-south.  I think high schools would run into travel constraints if it were north-south.  The east teams would put a lot more miles on in all sports.  The west all ready has more miles to cover if you added all the team's travel so north-south may not be as much of issue for a west team.  It would make getting in one of the four spots out of the north and south very tough for some teams out of the west.  Not so tough for the perennial favorites out of the east.  I wonder how the youth A tournaments have unfolded over time.  I would say the results are still similar to high school tournaments. 
Last edited by Clark17 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tide04 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:45 pm

gfhockey wrote:U say we would raise north dakota level of competition huh? Well ur wrong. If what u say is true, playing better teams makes u better i totally agree. So then why woudl the east wanna play bad teams and make there teams not as good and then totally not compete with the better teams of minnesota. Therefore crappier team equals not as much talk in the hockey world. how about this? West can keep there sports they win in all the time liek wrestling and the east will keep theres like hockey. fair trade off haha:D 

You totally contradict yourself in the first two lines of your rant.  You obviously agree that playing better teams will make a program better(or do you......I'm still not sure?)

With your line of thinking, you truly have to wonder "Why did the MN teams want to play you?" 
Tide04
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coast2coast » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:49 pm

RazorsEdge wrote:Until the Mighty East will allow high school hockey to be north / south we will always have this issue. Devils Lake should be happy to be in the east because playing better competition will make them better.  Not making it to state and playing in the east is better than winning the west as far as player development goes. Why can eastern teams go 400 miles east to play but will not go 300 west? Until we care more about North Dakota improvement and less about our own team nothing is going to change.

I think the point of high school hockey is to have fun.  Not making it to state wouldn't be much fun and I only see Devils Lake getting worse for the next 10 years.  They should be hating the move.
coast2coast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:32 am

You want to know why MN teams play us? Cuz we play them competitive and actually have a chance in winning. Hence RR lost 4-1 to a top AA team from Minnesota. Gpr beat warrod. FS almost beat moorhead. EGF and crookston are traditionally beat by ND teams. I think thats why theyw ant to play us cuz its not a sure victory.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:31 am

Morehead beat South ohh what was it 5-2 but it was a really close game wasnt it GFHockey but yet when South beat DL 5-2 it was a bloodbath they had absolutly no shot now i dont understand how 1 5-2 game can be close ad the other is no contest
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby highheat » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:29 pm

Saucesauer wrote:Morehead beat South ohh what was it 5-2 but it was a really close game wasnt it GFHockey but yet when South beat DL 5-2 it was a bloodbath they had absolutly no shot now i dont understand how 1 5-2 game can be close ad the other is no contest

actually, south only stayed in that game because of deichert. if they wouldve had a goalie of a lesser quality and skill level, that game couldve easily been 9-2. i only way i see that game being an "almost" situation is that moorhead ALMOST blew it open.
highheat

Postby gfhockey » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:42 pm

Saucesauer wrote:Morehead beat South ohh what was it 5-2 but it was a really close game wasnt it GFHockey but yet when South beat DL 5-2 it was a bloodbath they had absolutly no shot now i dont understand how 1 5-2 game can be close ad the other is no contest

i never said it was a blood bath. I was talkin about last year i think is aid last year in my post earlier.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby RazorsEdge » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:02 pm

I realize a loss is a loss but can we please give DL just a little respect after tonights 2-1 loss to Red River? Yes it was in DL but they had three GF officials. I do not expect you to put them up with the elite, just say hay THEY CAN PLAY. Coach Henry can bring the most out in his guys on any given night.  
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby hcky1616 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:45 am

Quote from Grand Forks Herald:

[font=Times New Roman][size=25]“The boys played well in the first period, but the rest of the way Devils Lake controlled the game,â€Â
hcky1616

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:02 pm

[quote="hcky1616"]Quote from Grand Forks Herald:

[font=Times New Roman][size=25]“The boys played well in the first period, but the rest of the way Devils Lake controlled the game,â€Â
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Hockey