Best Goalie in the State

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Deacon16 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:50 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
Deacon16 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:deacon who are you? and i think oster played a little weak at the start of the season but progressed as it went on i guess next year will be the deciding factor

I'm a kid who plays varsity hockey and have played against and with some of these goalies this year and in the past.

He's most likely from Shanley. (Deacon?)

Good call, but i haven't always been in the Shanley hockey program.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:22 pm

Heard Danny Groves is having surgury to repair a torn groin that he played with for most of the season.  He is supposed to be recovered enough to play summer hockey.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby football#1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:15 am

Danny Groves is one of the best golies in the state. no question about it

football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Metal Edge » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:54 am

football#1 wrote:Danny Groves is one of the best golies in the state. no question about it

he needs to get better if devils lake wants a chance to win in the east.
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Metal Edge wrote:
football#1 wrote:Danny Groves is one of the best golies in the state. no question about it

i would say his team around him needs to get better
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:31 pm

brownbomber wrote:
Metal Edge wrote:

i would say his team around him needs to get better

As a goalie, Groves is more than capable of leading his team to a state title.  Without depth around him, there is no chance.  If DL had the depth of a south or RR this year, they would have had a chance.  I have a feeling it's only gonna get worse for them.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Timmay07 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:36 am

I dont know why anyone isn't mentioning Alex Simmers from Central. He could have started at most teams in the state, but he had the best goalie in the state ahead of him. He is looking at a solid season with Central next year.
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby anderson16 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:45 am

Simmers is the future. nothing will get by him next year.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deacon16 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:02 pm

Timmay07 wrote:I dont know why anyone isn't mentioning Alex Simmers from Central. He could have started at most teams in the state, but he had the best goalie in the state ahead of him. He is looking at a solid season with Central next year.

Did you just say Ness was the best goalie in the state? ya he's the best goalie in the state this year....that is behind Oster, Kovacs, Groves, Arnason, Keller, Kline, Skogen, and Getzlaff. Where have you been?
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Favre#1 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:30 pm

I dont know how you could say ness is one of the best goalies in the state.....he is more like bottom 3 of the starting goalies
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:10 am

How can you say that ness is bottom 3 of the starting goalies? Did you see his team this year he had no defence and nobody to score him any goals. He had one defence in the name of Jared Stadstad and one offensive player who left a couple weeks into the season named Alex Simonson. Please tell me how you think ness is bottom 3.
northdakotaprep35

Postby Deacon16 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:21 am

northdakotaprep35 wrote:How can you say that ness is bottom 3 of the starting goalies? Did you see his team this year he had no defence and nobody to score him any goals. He had one defence in the name of Jared Stadstad and one offensive player who left a couple weeks into the season named Alex Simonson. Please tell me how you think ness is bottom 3.

Well thats how every team is other than South, Red River, and Grafton. I would definitly say Hazen was a lot worse but Oster managed to have a 90% percent save percentage and even stop more than 70 shots in one game. Its the goalie that makes the goalie, not the team that makes the goalie.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby anderson16 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:26 am

northdakotaprep35 wrote:How can you say that ness is bottom 3 of the starting goalies? Did you see his team this year he had no defence and nobody to score him any goals. He had one defence in the name of Jared Stadstad and one offensive player who left a couple weeks into the season named Alex Simonson. Please tell me how you think ness is bottom 3.

Yeah he's a real good defensive player when he is in the box half the game. He lead the STATE in penalty min.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:56 pm

You still havent told me how ness isnt one of the top goalies in the state...
northdakotaprep35

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:56 pm

You still havent told me how ness isnt one of the top goalies in the state... and you talk about numbers your right about stadstad he was in the box all game and so was everyone else on his team its kinda hard to put up numbers when your team is in the box the whole game and your shorthanded. Plus ness average 30 shots a game tell me how many dieterct or aranson faced.. 20?
Last edited by northdakotaprep35 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northdakotaprep35

Postby Favre#1 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:40 pm

i dont know how you could think that is is the top goalie in the state. Grand forks central isnt that good but they arent that bad and if he was any good he would put up at least a 90% save percentage. Bottom line he shouldnt even be considered a top goalie in the state.
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:43 pm

that site were u get that information is a bunch of crap. i bet if you were to call tony bina up he would say that ness kept them in every game and had at least a 90% save percentage the games that central did win were because ness played amazing they didnt have a chance winning a game last year without him end of story ask anybody from central or grand forks in that matter that.
northdakotaprep35

Postby Deacon16 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:38 pm

northdakotaprep35 wrote:that site were u get that information is a bunch of crap. i bet if you were to call tony bina up he would say that ness kept them in every game and had at least a 90% save percentage the games that central did win were because ness played amazing they didnt have a chance winning a game last year without him end of story ask anybody from central or grand forks in that matter that.

I'm pretty sure the NDHSAA stats are right on. Your giving Ness alot of credit, but way more than he deserves.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:47 pm

Give credit were credit is due. Put any other goalie in ness' shoes last year with the team he had i bet they would have put up the same numbers.
northdakotaprep35

Postby Deacon16 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:55 pm

northdakotaprep35 wrote:Give credit were credit is due. Put any other goalie in ness' shoes last year with the team he had i bet they would have put up the same numbers.

Oster was in a way worse situation. Oster faced 1054 shots all year and had a save percentage of 90%. Ness faced 687 shots and had an 88% save percentage with 3.57 GAA.

at  Bismarck High
L
Oster

Jamestown
L
Oster

vs  Kittson Central
L
Oster

Ness had to make over 35 saves a grand total of 1 time, Oster on the other hand made over 35 saves in 16 games. One more fun fact, this will prove to you that you are crazy. Hazen managed to get outshot by 705 shots total this season and had 3 wins, mainly because of Oster....Central OUTSHOT their opponents by 152 yet Oster still managed a 90% save percentage and kept his GAA near Ness's. Put Ness in Oster's place, just estimating with his save percentage (but he has a much better team) he would have allowed about 127 goals.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:15 pm

Deacon16 wrote:
northdakotaprep35 wrote:Give credit were credit is due. Put any other goalie in ness' shoes last year with the team he had i bet they would have put up the same numbers.

Oster was in a way worse situation. Oster faced 1054 shots all year and had a save percentage of 90%. Ness faced 687 shots and had an 88% save percentage with 3.57 GAA.

at  Bismarck High
L
Oster

Jamestown
L
Oster

vs  Kittson Central
L
Oster

Ness had to make over 35 saves a grand total of 1 time, Oster on the other hand made over 35 saves in 16 games. One more fun fact, this will prove to you that you are crazy. Hazen managed to get outshot by 705 shots total this season and had 3 wins, mainly because of Oster....Central OUTSHOT their opponents by 152 yet Oster still managed a 90% save percentage and kept his GAA near Ness's. Put Ness in Oster's place, just estimating with his save percentage (but he has a much better team) he would have allowed about 127 goals.
Someone was bored and had too much time on their hands. =)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:44 pm

Thats west hockey people dont know how to shoot in the west. If they played in the east those goalies would get messed up. End of Story
northdakotaprep35

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:37 pm

you have no idea what your talking about saying that right there kid the west may not have as much talent but they have some kids that rival the east, most west teams just run around in the defensive zone giving no help to the goalie, so give the kid credit alot of these kids would be awesome playing somewhere else
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby BenchRanger » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:33 pm

So RR doesn't know how shoot?!?!?! Don't bash the west when you haven't got a clue about what is going on. Pull your head out!!

By the way how did your basketball teams do this year??? :shock: 

Maybe you should schedule more games against the west so you can learn to get better.
It's not how high you climb, but how high you bounce after you fall. Gen. George Patton
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby northdakotaprep35 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:41 pm

This is the hockey forum. Not Basketball. I would love to see a west goalie transfer over to a east team. They would get absoutly crushed.
northdakotaprep35

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey