Interesting stat

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby DeuceTrey » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:26 pm

Saucesauer wrote: I dont really care who plays who and the fact of the matter still remains that you guys from the east are just such studs and your poop dont stink whatever just stay on you high horses but i strongly feel that if the NDHSAA wanted to spread out the accumulation of state championships that they would make a mandatory hotel rule in which GF Fargo's and grafton would all have to stay in hotels because as most people would know it absolutly not cool to sleep in a hotel with 2 to a bed and a 4 man room people are too hot or too cold where as whomever commutes to GF has the luxery of sleeping in their own beds and a good breakfast and whatnot and now if you add that and remove ohh say the first 20 state champions i feel that this interesting stat would be rather different than what it is now maybe not so much from the west standpoint but more spread out in the east

i do find that those teams are allowed to stay at their own homes during state tournament play, but i dont think that is a legitimate excuse for why gf and the east have won so many titles. thats worse than saying that you got screwed by the refs. but i do agree that they should have to stay in a motel as a team, to even out the slightest advantage they may have over anyone else.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:34 am

iam not saying they wouldnt win it i just feel the titles would be a little bit more spread out when they hear kids running down the hall drunk at 4:00 am it would wake them up which is what some teams have to put up with
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theprodigy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:08 am

Saucesauer wrote:iam not saying they wouldnt win it i just feel the titles would be a little bit more spread out when they hear kids running down the hall drunk at 4:00 am it would wake them up which is what some teams have to put up with

Maybe they should find a new hotel.
theprodigy

Postby coast2coast » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:12 pm

dizzle-1 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:iam not saying they wouldnt win it i just feel the titles would be a little bit more spread out when they hear kids running down the hall drunk at 4:00 am it would wake them up which is what some teams have to put up with

Like it is predictable what hotel is going to have drunk kids or anyone making noise in the hall way waking up players.  Was that a serious post?
coast2coast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:28 pm

Here is what i think they should do. Hotels should bid out to have all the hockey teams stay at one. therefor none of these problems would occur. Give them all one floor if the hotel is big enough.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:38 pm

Lets get real GF and Fargo athletic departments would have 2 kids to a room, they would spend the extra money to have them comfortable, i know that Mandan girls have the nicest hotel in the city, and they have 2 girls to a room. During the state tournament. How many kids are staying in a hotel that costs 85-90 a night? I know for sure im not the comfort for like 45 a night is my hotel. 
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby theprodigy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:13 pm

coast2coast wrote:
dizzle-1 wrote:

Like it is predictable what hotel is going to have drunk kids or anyone making noise in the hall way waking up players.  Was that a serious post?

It was a joke, I have just never heard of drunk kids making noise in the hallways at 4 am.
theprodigy

Postby fellowes » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:36 pm

I do not think making all the teams stay in a hotel will change much of the results as to who wins the championship nor do I beleive its a legitmate excuse for teams who have lost in the past  but maybe its just an idea that could be used with intentions to rid any advantage that the Hosting team or near by city team could possibly gain from staying at home. I havent been to a State Hockey Tournament in the last 15 years where the Hotel wasnt packed with people, visiting teams, fans , spectators or what have you. I'm not saying its a good excuse either but i have witnessed kids and parents stumbling through hallways some louder and rowdier than the others. It's possible that this could happen all the time and its possible that it normally doesnt happen either way its not that big of a deal.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby hcky1616 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:32 am

Check this out. North Dakota Legislature Senate Bill.

SB 2348:  This bill would require a public hearing for individuals, public entities, and private entities by the ND High School Activities Association before selecting a tournament site.alllowing an opportunity to offer various facilities and cities.  It opens up NDHSA tournaments to a site bidding process.

ND State Tournament Hockey (always) at the Ralph could be in jeopardy if this passes.
hcky1616

Postby Spoiler92 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:43 am

No, nobody could outbid them.  Too many seats available, and GF would make sure they keep it!
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:08 am

Im sure the ralph has  lot more spending moeny then the other rinks around the state. PLus it should be in the east anyways since the west doesnt make it out of the first round EVERY year anyways.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby hcky1616 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:02 am

[font=Times New Roman]Precisely the reason a City like Bismarck or Minot or even Fargo would consider bidding. Western hotels, restaurants, shopping centers would be full of Eastern hockey fans waiting for their evening session. Western hockey fans would fill the bars and lounges in the evening then run through the hotel hallways at 4AM., again food for thought for a hockey club or chamber of commerce.

[/font]
hcky1616

Postby gfhockey » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:57 am

or the east fans wouldnt show up thursday cuz they know they will win, maybe show up friday for the semi-final depends on how good a game it might be and for sure show up saat and drive home sat nite.

If u were a kid, would u rather play in a 100 million dollar arena  that some of the ebst players in the country play in for a 10 million dollar arena that u may play in a lot and th bst kids in ur city play in. my point exaclty
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby hcky1616 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Like the Western Fans do now. Perhaps its time to let the western fans, who show up whether their team has a chance to win or not, watch the eastern teams play Fri - Sat. night live instead of on tv.

You are also missing the point that if this bill passes the location now becomes a political issue between cities. Irregardless in any High School event what the kids want is of no consequence. Trust me on that one - experienced !
hcky1616

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:58 pm

hcky1616 wrote:Like the Western Fans do now. Perhaps its time to let the western fans, who show up whether their team has a chance to win or not, watch the eastern teams play Fri - Sat. night live instead of on tv.

You are also missing the point that if this bill passes the location now becomes a political issue between cities. Irregardless in any High School event what the kids want is of no consequence. Trust me on that one - experienced !

As a fan would you rather go to the ralph, or squeeze into a hockey rink that is barley capable of holding the west region tournament? The only rink that would make sense is Minots, but there ice is not good!!! Bleachers are horrible, fans from the west would rather watch the games in the ralph then anywhere in the state.
Last edited by Ditka14 on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby jkaiz » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:46 pm

minot got new seating and its quite nice but the ice and lighting is still a large issue
jkaiz

Postby hcky1616 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:28 am

Don't forget, it all boils down to one thing $$$MONEY. I was told the NDHSAA has been loosing money at the Ralph. And the Ralph is All About Money. Attendance has been down & Cost of Ice Time at the Ralph is 2 - 3 times that of other ND Arena's. I was told they have already been discussing moving the tourney in the future due to the money issue.
hcky1616

Postby gfhockey » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:55 pm

I doubt any other town then GF or maybe fargo generates more interest then those two. Lower attendance elsewhere epsecially if they give it to the west. Im not worried. it will stay at the ralph no questions asked
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby wiregon » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:22 pm

the ralph is the best place for the state tournament
  at least until we see what that new *fargo rink looks like

* 5000+ seating
               home to future fargo USHL team ( Dean Blais may coach)
               north south home games
wiregon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tony17 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:49 pm

that could mean more ND kids in the USHL ... like back in the FM sharks/bears days..
Last edited by tony17 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
tony17
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:47 pm

chalk another one up for Grand Forks. I am willing to admit that the state is starting to catch grand forks in talent wise.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:54 pm

sorry buddy ill try to keep it down next time.

on the ralph subject - as a fan i would much rather go to gf and go to the ralph even if it is to watch the west get swept. go to a sioux game and how much can you really look around the rink. at the sioux games i aprreciate the rink and its atmosphere but it is nice to go and look around it.

i think for players its a privelge to make it to state and get to skate on the same ice as the sioux. more of an accomplishment then making it to state and getting to go to minot.
klg_11

Postby Metal Edge » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:10 am

hcky1616 wrote:Don't forget, it all boils down to one thing $$$MONEY. I was told the NDHSAA has been loosing money at the Ralph. And the Ralph is All About Money. Attendance has been down & Cost of Ice Time at the Ralph is 2 - 3 times that of other ND Arena's. I was told they have already been discussing moving the tourney in the future due to the money issue.

It would be nice if Bismarck or Minot had a decent arena that could hold the tournament.  The east and west could rotate the tournament from year to year.  the east would be forced to get rooms, eat out, travel, stay up late, and get caught chewing.

Maybe that would motivate the west more and they could maybe, just maybe win a game in the first round.  The west teams seem to have better crowds as of late, so maybe they deserve it.

Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:07 pm

A rink like Thief River Falls would do.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:12 pm

Fargo's new rink (Hopefully done by 2008-09 season)

Possible new EDC location? (State should definately still be in the Ralph though)

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=157484&section=Sports

Sign-in: [url=mailto:skiptomylou@backpacker.com]skiptomylou@backpacker.com[/url]

PW: lice
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey