Grafton vs. Warroad

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Unity77 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:38 pm

Grafton - PR has beat Warroad 4-1. This win comes after recent wins over Osseo, MN (7-2) and Fargo North (5-0). The Spoilers have won 8 straight. Good luck to them!!
Last edited by Unity77 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:25 pm

A nice win for Grafton anytime you can beat Warroad whether they are up or down that year its a good win.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scrappy23 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:47 am

I agree nice win. But its nothing to blow up about its just another game. These kids have played each other forever. Always been a good game warroad is a bit over hyped. They are no different then Grafton they play in a class that is equal to north dakota and they are a small town just like gpr. Its just another game.. 
scrappy23

Postby Unity77 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:51 am

scrappy23 wrote:I agree nice win. But its nothing to blow up about its just another game. These kids have played each other forever. Always been a good game warroad is a bit over hyped. They are no different then Grafton they play in a class that is equal to north dakota and they are a small town just like gpr. Its just another game.. 

I do agree that the win is nothing to "blow up" up about, but a win over a team like Warroad means much more than a win over a team like Bismarck High or Minot. In other words, it's not just another game as you like to put it due to the significant confidence boost it will give the GPR kids. Also, I respect your opinion, about Warroad playing in a class equal to North Dakota, but I disagree. Their program has always been and more than likely will always be better than the majority of ND programs. Just look at the overall win-loss records for each eastern ND team that has played Warroad; I'm pretty sure each ND team comes out the loser. Furthermore, what does the size of a town have to do with anything? Grafton has continually dominated towns over 5x its size. Don't you think this has something to do with Grafton's program being a little better?

Last edited by Unity77 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scrappy23 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:09 am

i think small towns like grafton and warroad compete so well cause of the amount of ice time they get. grafton coaching isnt that good but the kids play on the same line year after year. and i think if you looked at the all time gpr warroad win loss record it would be pretty even. its nothing you can prove but  i would love to see it. i also like your point on a bigger win the bismark or any of the other wins. 
Last edited by scrappy23 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
scrappy23

Postby Unity77 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:40 am

scrappy23 wrote:i think small towns like grafton and warroad compete so well cause of the amount of ice time they get. grafton coaching isnt that good but the kids play on the same line year after year. and i think if you looked at the all time gpr warroad win loss record it would be pretty even. its nothing you can prove but  i would love to see it. i also like your point on a bigger win the bismark or any of the other wins. 

I think it would be pretty easy to prove. I'm sure one could call either high school and get the stats from each year or if necessary, look through annuals. The latter would be a little painstaking, but it is very possible. If I have time, I will see what information I can gather.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scrappy23 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 pm

sounds good
scrappy23

Return to Hockey