North Vs. Devils Lake

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby highheat » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:33 pm

any predictions or thoughts before the game tomorrow night?
highheat

Postby hockeyfan02 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:58 am

No!!! I'm sure it will be a good game.
hockeyfan02

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:01 pm

DL won 3-2. now lets hear about how this one was a fluke like the rest of their season has been, and that it will be all down hill from here, just like every other time someone brings up DL. admit that this was a legit win for a good DL team, and that they acutally are a contender in not only the east, but in the state as well this year.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DrPepper1 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:11 pm

Who scored for the teams?  What was the game winner like in OT?
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby keepinitreal » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:18 pm

It's not a fluke for DL to beat North, and that's because North isn't very good. DL is not a contender for a state championship, Red River and South are both 3-4 goals better than the Firebirds.  They are however competitive with teams like North, GPR, Central, and WF.  They are a solid middle of the pack team but nothing more than that until they knock off Red River or South.  I'm not saying they won't make the state tournament, but they sure as heck won't have a legitimate shot at winning it come February.
Last edited by keepinitreal on Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepinitreal

Postby highheat » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:16 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:DL won 3-2. now lets hear about how this one was a fluke like the rest of their season has been, and that it will be all down hill from here, just like every other time someone brings up DL. admit that this was a legit win for a good DL team, and that they acutally are a contender in not only the east, but in the state as well this year.

they only beat north by one goal, where as south had a below average game and still beat them by six. dl doesnt stand a chance against south or red river this year. dont try to defend dl by saying that they havent played either of those teams yet. ive seen south play, and they will be way too much for dl to handle, and im sure red river will be the same.
highheat

Postby ndsubball » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:38 pm

You cant tell me DL wont hang with south they only lost 5-2 last year at state and it should have been 5-3 and correct me if im wrong but DL only lost about a handful of players and are returing alot of good players from last years state team
ndsubball

Postby ndsubball » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 pm

Everything you guys say about DL is oh it was a fluke and what not you just are just to good to give DL credit for what they have done this year and by you guys saying that DL is a fluke all you guys are doing is putting more fuel in DL's tank to go out and prove you all wrong every night
ndsubball

Postby theprodigy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:00 pm

keepinitreal wrote:It's not a fluke for DL to beat North, and that's because North isn't very good. DL is not a contender for a state championship, Red River and South are both 3-4 goals better than the Firebirds.  They are however competitive with teams like North, GPR, Central, and WF.  They are a solid middle of the pack team but nothing more than that until they knock off Red River or South.  I'm not saying they won't make the state tournament, but they sure as heck won't have a legitimate shot at winning it come February.

For one thing keepinitreal, why are you saying north isnt that good, but you are praising your central team. Your central team has lost to north (in gf), to west fargo, and to south. Their only conference win was against shanley, and that was only 4-0. It just doesnt make sense that you praise your team for being good, but that you say the other teams that have beat you arent good. So one question for you. If north isnt very good, does that make central even worse? And I do believe that DL would give south and red river a good game and beat central.
Last edited by theprodigy on Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theprodigy

Postby theprodigy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:09 pm

DrPepper1 wrote:Who scored for the teams?  What was the game winner like in OT?

Devils Lake won in ot just a couple minutes into it. Groves made one of the greatest saves i have ever seen in ot. It seemed like both teams played a hard fought game and matched up well with eachother. If i remember right, I think North was up 2-0 after the first and then it was 2-2 after the second, and 3-2 final. (correct me if im wrong). I would say that Devils Lake could very well give South or RR a game.
theprodigy

Postby RazorsEdge » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:13 pm

Never say never! USA 4 Russia 3  1980. Yes Fargo South is by far the best team, other than them it is anyones guess. Three teams from the east will make it to state this year that would have a legitamate shot at winning the west. You cannot even put Red River in Souths category yet. Remember it all comes down to one weekend in Feb.
Last edited by RazorsEdge on Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:29 am

keepinitreal wrote:It's not a fluke for DL to beat North, and that's because North isn't very good.

didnt North beat GPR this year. and when GPR beat DL, everyone was saying how good they were and how bad DL is. so then is GPR "not very good" either, since they lost to a "not very good" North team. if you are going to bash a team, make sure you keep your opinions consistant. so which is it.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeyfan02 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:36 am

I attend the game last night. DL had their road legs in the first period, Kinda came out flat, but it was still evenly matched up. The second, third, and OT periods we legitimatley controlled by devils lake. They have a better goalie, and the third line played the whole game until about 4 or 5 minutes left in the 3rd period. Everson had a goal and an assist I belive. The game winner was scored by Pflaum. DL deserved to win, and they did. Oh, and I think they had as many fans there as North.
hockeyfan02

Postby ndsubball » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:26 pm

DL beat North tonight in Devils Lake by a score of 4-3 and Kyle Everson had 2 goals including the game winner with about a minute left Mark Henke and Jeremy McCarthy also added goals for Devils Lake
ndsubball

Postby highheat » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:15 pm

again, dl beat north by only one goal whereas south beat north by six.
highheat

Postby ndsubball » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:43 pm

highheat who cares if DL only beat North by one goal and South beat them by six goals it doesnt matter how many goals you win by all that matters is if you come away with a win or a loss
ndsubball

Postby Stromer » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:48 pm

If the state title was given on regular season results, DL would not be a contender.  They are on the same level as North and GPR, which is not as good as the top teams of South and RR.  However, in tourney play anything can happen.  Its very unlikely that a really bad team can pull an upset but its not unrealistic for a good team to pull an upset over a great team.  DL is a contender for the title because it comes down to 3 games in GF where anything can happen.  We saw the emotion South brought to their game with DL at state last year.  Its not very likely that DL will win and prob won't happen, but look at the run by George Mason last year in the NCAA tourney.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Stromer wrote:If the state title was given on regular season results, DL would not be a contender.  They are on the same level as North and GPR, which is not as good as the top teams of South and RR.  However, in tourney play anything can happen.  Its very unlikely that a really bad team can pull an upset but its not unrealistic for a good team to pull an upset over a great team.  DL is a contender for the title because it comes down to 3 games in GF where anything can happen.  We saw the emotion South brought to their game with DL at state last year.  Its not very likely that DL will win and prob won't happen, but look at the run by George Mason last year in the NCAA tourney.

George Mason was a really under-rated team when they were seated with the weak divison they play in. Where i think DL is a little over-rated
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:32 am

Stromer wrote:If the state title was given on regular season results, DL would not be a contender.  They are on the same level as North and GPR, which is not as good as the top teams of South and RR.  However, in tourney play anything can happen.  Its very unlikely that a really bad team can pull an upset but its not unrealistic for a good team to pull an upset over a great team.  DL is a contender for the title because it comes down to 3 games in GF where anything can happen.  We saw the emotion South brought to their game with DL at state last year.  Its not very likely that DL will win and prob won't happen, but look at the run by George Mason last year in the NCAA tourney.

LOL!! Right. DL has already been swept by the Spoilers. RR and South will also have no problems sweeping them. Seriously, your claim about DL being on the same level as GPR and a contender for the state title is ridiculous.  Face it, a contender would not have problems with Jamestown not once, but twice. A 6-5 win over and a 7-4 loss to Jamestown leads me to believe that DL does not have what it takes to win the state title. If anything, DL, North, and Jamestown are on the same level; a level that won't get your team to the state championship.

Last edited by Unity77 on Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubball » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:38 pm

Everything that happens during the season only proves who beat who and doesnt say who will beat who at tournement time it will just give you optimism on who could beat who or who could lose to who..Just because DL lost to Jamestown once and beat North by 1 goal twice doesnt mean they cant contend it just means they either werent playing there best game or the other team was having a good game also. I see DL being able to compete and stick with South and Red River just because they lost to RR already once RR might be over confident about being able to beat DL same with South
ndsubball

Postby highheat » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:00 pm

im sure the south and red river players read this and the siouxsports forum and they see how people like you and all the other dl homers talk up your team. they dont take lightly to that and will come out with their A game when they play dl and dl will be punished.
highheat

Postby ndsubball » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:02 pm

I guess we will have to wait and see how South plays DL on friday
ndsubball

Postby Csauce123 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:11 pm

Flat out DL is a J O K E~!!!~ It was cute for a while now its just getting annoying!! They have no chance whatsoever against South or Red River. Get over it!!!!!!!!!  I know your just trying to support your team, but when they are the 5th or 6th best team in the state it's just no longer amusing. THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD~~~!!~~~
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:20 pm

ndsubball wrote:I guess we will have to wait and see how South plays DL on friday

I wouldn't be surprised if South wins 10-1.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:34 pm

Csauce123 wrote:Flat out DL is a J O K E~!!!~ It was cute for a while now its just getting annoying!! They have no chance whatsoever against South or Red River. Get over it!!!!!!!!!  I know your just trying to support your team, but when they are the 5th or 6th best team in the state it's just no longer amusing. THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD~~~!!~~~

So you are pretty much saying that team USA in 1980 didnt beat USSR because i mean the NHL all stars had no chance aginst them let alone collage kids we should probly send those gold medals to the former soviet union because we had no chance

Upsets happen at every level take CHS over North at state a couple years ago in the first round and last year what was the score between #4 west BHS and #1 East GFRR wasnt that the closest game in the first round and i think DL lost to South by 2 maybe and South graduated a lot  this all depends on a lot of stuff like what if DL s golie gets hot comming into tourny time and stops 50 shots a game what if standout athletes get into trouble and violate NDHSSA rules everything can change in an instant

on to other matters whan can Tyrel Mcbain start to play for south?? its about that time isnt it
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Hockey