North Vs. Devils Lake

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby highheat » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:37 pm

he should be able to play the start of the second semester which is next monday.
highheat

Postby Csauce123 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:44 am

Also don't flatter yourself... South isn't worried about Friday. I'm sure their focus is on Red River on Tuesday... They are probly looking forward to a soft game after Red River. That is what it will be against DL..
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby theprodigy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:24 am

ndhockeyfan07 wrote:yeah i sure south is gona look over a team like dl no matter how the have been playing in the past couple of weeks i have my sources that say that south might be a little sacred to come to dl and they did prove alot of people wrong last year when they only lost to south 5-2 and the scored first and were leading for awhile

Who are your sources? All your DL teammates. You still lost to South by 3 goals, to me that doesnt prove much. That was last year and this year I will predict South 5-1, even with the one-sided reffing in Devils Lake.
theprodigy

Postby highheat » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:49 pm

if youve ever met dean wilson, youd know that he is not the type of coach to over look a team, no matter how lowly they are.
highheat

Postby ndhockeyfan07 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:04 pm

Last edited by ndhockeyfan07 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndhockeyfan07
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Unity77 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:23 pm

highheat wrote:if youve ever met dean wilson, youd know that he is not the type of coach to over look a team, no matter how lowly they are.

Oh please. Obviously Dean Wilson won't go into Friday night's game all cocky, but if South loses to DL, he will definitely give his players an earful for the simple fact that they shouldn't lose to a team like DL. Seriously, DL has to earn South's respect before the Bruins know not to overlook them.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubball » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:07 pm

[user=990]dizzle-1[/user] wrote:
Who are your sources? All your DL teammates. You still lost to South by 3 goals, to me that doesnt prove much. That was last year and this year I will predict South 5-1, even with the one-sided reffing in Devils Lake.

Devils Lake does not have one sided reffing you have to be kidding me...I was at the DL-North game on Saturday and it sure seemed to me that the refs called more penaltys on DL on North but thanks for trying and look into your sources before you post
ndsubball

Postby DrPepper1 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:59 pm

ndhockeyfan07 wrote:yeah i sure south is gona look over a team like dl no matter how the have been playing in the past couple of weeks i have my sources that say that south might be a little sacred to come to dl and they did prove alot of people wrong last year when they only lost to south 5-2 and the scored first and were leading for awhile

Yeah after seeing the fight that DL put up in that tight 3 goal loss to Jamestown im sure South is scared to death to play against that powerhouse devils lake team.  If that was a serious comment i motion to have all of your posting privileges removed immediately.  
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby theprodigy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:27 am

ndsubball wrote:[user=990]dizzle-1[/user] wrote:

Devils Lake does not have one sided reffing you have to be kidding me...I was at the DL-North game on Saturday and it sure seemed to me that the refs called more penaltys on DL on North but thanks for trying and look into your sources before you post

I was not at the game but i saw the score sheet. You must have been at the wrong game. North had to kill off a 5-4, 5-3, and 5-4 in the last 5 minutes of bogus calls from what i heard. Also late in the game i heard a DL player threw at least four punches and got a mere 2 minute roughing that got cancelled with a bogus call to a north player for protecting his goalie. Everyone knows that if you go to DL and you are tied or in a one goal game, that you will get bogus calls called on you in order to give DL a chance to win. Also the penalty counts i believe were DL had 7 and North had 11. So maybe you should get some glasses and check your sources before posting.
theprodigy

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:02 am

Keep on the subject please, no personal attacks.   Opinions are just opinions.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:06 pm

dizzle-1 wrote:

I was not at the game but i saw the score sheet. You must have been at the wrong game. North had to kill off a 5-4, 5-3, and 5-4 in the last 5 minutes of bogus calls from what i heard. Also late in the game i heard a DL player threw at least four punches and got a mere 2 minute roughing that got cancelled with a bogus call to a north player for protecting his goalie. Everyone knows that if you go to DL and you are tied or in a one goal game, that you will get bogus calls called on you in order to give DL a chance to win. Also the penalty counts i believe were DL had 7 and North had 11. So maybe you should get some glasses and check your sources before posting.

but you just said that you didnt atend the game, and that you "heard". im just curious where the person you heard from is from. you are assuming that the game was called in DL's favor. a lot of things look different on paper than what actually happened. how many times have you seen stats where a team flat out had better stats, but lost or won in a very close game. there is a big difference in seeing and hearing. DL refs are very fair, in fact the DL student section gets after the refs more than anyone due to how they ref against both teams. i think a home town crowd would know if the refs are calling the game for them.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeyfan02 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:55 pm

I would like to know the name of one ref in North Dakota Highschool hockey that is from devils lake? Arn't they all from bismark, grandforks, minot, and fargo? I think refs are refs because they care for the sport. Please tell me you don't think that refs in highschool are that "shady" that they would make calls so the team inwhich town they reside wins. Maybe minot....just kidding. Come on lets be logical.
hockeyfan02

Postby hcky1616 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:44 am

ALL of Devils Lakes' REferees are from Grand Forks, not wuite what I'd call homers !
hcky1616

Postby Clark17 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:42 pm

hcky1616 is correct.  The games even used to be split with 1/2 going to Minot area officials and the other 1/2 going to east region officials, primarily from G.F.  Now it is exclusively east region officials.  The Satans have not had officials from D.L. work high school games for a long time.
Last edited by Clark17 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:29 pm

Using the officiating as an excuse is the worst excuse someone could make.  If you were truly the better team, you'd fight through it and get the W you deserve.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby theprodigy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:25 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:
dizzle-1 wrote:

but you just said that you didnt atend the game, and that you "heard". im just curious where the person you heard from is from. you are assuming that the game was called in DL's favor. a lot of things look different on paper than what actually happened. how many times have you seen stats where a team flat out had better stats, but lost or won in a very close game. there is a big difference in seeing and hearing. DL refs are very fair, in fact the DL student section gets after the refs more than anyone due to how they ref against both teams. i think a home town crowd would know if the refs are calling the game for them.

I wasnt trying to get my head chopped off after saying that, I was trying to prove a point to ndsubball that North had more penalties then DL. I was just saying what i heard, which was from a friend from Minot who was at the game, but North is known to take a lot of penalties, so they could have just been legitamite penalties. Also its much tougher to make calls this year with the new penalties. I was jsut saying what i heard. The hometown crowd for one thing though is going to be on the refs no matter what. That point you tried to make on that issue from your view in the student section has no validation. Either way the refs will not decide the outcome of the game, only the players will.
theprodigy

Postby hcky1616 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:34 am

DL-North Penalties

Period 1 - DL 13-Hook, DL 18 Hook, DL 6 2/10 Checking from behind=6-10min Misc. C

Period 2 North 17-Slash, DL 5-Hook, (North 24 & DL 6 - Rough), North 9-Slash, DL 13 Intf.

Period 3 DL 17-Trip, North 8-Hold, North 27 Hook, North 23 Unsport, North 17 Trip,

(North 23-Rough & DL 2-Rough) North 27 Hook

DL= 9       North = 9

Penalties were EVEN, North was out skated in the final period - out shot 19 - 4

No excuses they were beaten
hcky1616

Postby theprodigy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:15 am

hcky1616 wrote:DL-North Penalties

Period 1 - DL 13-Hook, DL 18 Hook, DL 6 2/10 Checking from behind=6-10min Misc. C

Period 2 North 17-Slash, DL 5-Hook, (North 24 & DL 6 - Rough), North 9-Slash, DL 13 Intf.

Period 3 DL 17-Trip, North 8-Hold, North 27 Hook, North 23 Unsport, North 17 Trip,

(North 23-Rough & DL 2-Rough) North 27 Hook

DL= 9       North = 9

Penalties were EVEN, North was out skated in the final period - out shot 19 - 4

No excuses they were beaten
The penalties were DL=8 North=9. Do you happen to notice the pattern of penalties though in the third period. They were all almost North's. The game was tied at that point. Even with that said North was still beaten, and you cant blame the game on the refs, but i have happened to see that pattern a lot in DL games in DL. Not just with North but with other teams that have played there in recent years (GPR, Minot, Bismarck). You obviously play for Devils Lake, and reffering to your other buddies previous posts, you will be in for a surprise when South comes to play you tommorrow.
theprodigy

Postby hcky1616 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:45 pm

Penalties were even  # 6 Checking from behind counts as 2 ( 1 minor ) + 1 for the 10 Minute Misconduct.

Won't be surprised if South wins it 5 - 1. No one should have expected DL to go unbeaten, even those from DL. I do believe it will be a good game though.

I also believe they are a better team than you arrogant Easteners give them credit for. You all make it sound like DL wanted to move East cause they were soooo good. Hardly, it was a NDHSAA decision. I'm sure they would have preferred to top the West, then take their chances with GPR or North at State, who knows they could have been the first West team to win a first round game this century.
hcky1616

Postby RazorsEdge » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:22 pm

North was out coached plain and simple. South will win tommorrow night. And the reffing will have nothing to do with it again period. 90% of DL home game officials are state tournament officials etc. Official bashing is a poor excuse. What next? The cheerleaders distracted us? Just shut up and play the game, if you even do. These are not DL players bragging themselves up. Most of these post are more than likely from people that have never seen varsity ice.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:24 am

Stromer wrote:If the state title was given on regular season results, DL would not be a contender.  They are on the same level as North and GPR, which is not as good as the top teams of South and RR..

So Grafton has swept DL and beat North 5-0 and 8-2 in their last two meetings. Do you think DL and North are still on the same level as GPR?
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:20 am

Unity77 wrote:
Stromer wrote:If the state title was given on regular season results, DL would not be a contender.  They are on the same level as North and GPR, which is not as good as the top teams of South and RR..

So Grafton has swept DL and beat North 5-0 and 8-2 in their last two meetings. Do you think DL and North are still on the same level as GPR?

not even close to the same level. grafton has taken their game to an entirely different level since they stumbled out of the gate.
highheat

Postby Stromer » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:24 am

highheat wrote:
Unity77 wrote:

not even close to the same level. grafton has taken their game to an entirely different level since they stumbled out of the gate.

I agree with heat although that sweep over DL looks a lot less menacing then those thrashings of North.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SirSinksALot » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:55 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:DL won 3-2. now lets hear about how this one was a fluke like the rest of their season has been, and that it will be all down hill from here, just like every other time someone brings up DL. admit that this was a legit win for a good DL team, and that they acutally are a contender in not only the east, but in the state as well this year.
Im sorry but i was at this game and North had the game under wraps until about halfway thru the 3rd when DL finally showed some good offense.  I'm sorry but in the overall look at that game North should have won it. 
"Champions don't win on talent, they win on effort."
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SirSinksALot » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:11 pm

highheat wrote:again, dl beat north by only one goal whereas south beat north by six.
highheat i dunno if you were at the North vs. South game but that was NOT a 9-3 game i would say it was maybe a 6-3 game tops. The refs were bad on both sides but it came in the advantage to south because north is so short of players... i mean north has lost 3 of its varsity players this year to alcohol and drug violations. Not to mention about 10 of the guys that quit this year would be on varsity.  As of right now north has a freshman and about 6 sophmores on the team.  South also played their first 2 lines the entire game. The third line i think stepped on the ice once after a 5-3 powerplay for south. Not to mention south scored i believe 4-5 of the goals on powerplay. North scored 1 shorthanded 1 powerplay and 1 even strength.  I have to say i am loving south getting their butts kicked right now by RR, Crookston and whoever else they just lost to.  Its about time they get what they deserve. 
"Champions don't win on talent, they win on effort."
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey