North Vs. Devils Lake

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby highheat » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:49 am

yes i was at the north south game and south played  terrible and still beat north by six. and as for the three players that were kicked off the north team for alcohol related infractions, they werent doing much for the team. with all three of them combined they only had 10 points.
highheat

Postby SirSinksALot » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:31 pm

highheat wrote:yes i was at the north south game and south played  terrible and still beat north by six. and as for the three players that were kicked off the north team for alcohol related infractions, they werent doing much for the team. with all three of them combined they only had 10 points.
South played terrible? Im sorry but i would say that South played a pretty good game.  Not to mention they rolled the number 1 and 2 lines the entire game. I didnt see any 3rd liners on the ice.  As for the three players-points dont really matter.. its the fact that North has no one to fill those spots.  North was hurt by having about 8-11 guys that played in the 05-06 season for JV and Varsity quit this year.  Many believe it is because of Erickson as the new coach, but im not so sure.
"Champions don't win on talent, they win on effort."
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:54 pm

SirSinksALot wrote:South played terrible? Im sorry but i would say that South played a pretty good game.  Not to mention they rolled the number 1 and 2 lines the entire game. I didnt see any 3rd liners on the ice.  As for the three players-points dont really matter.. its the fact that North has no one to fill those spots.  North was hurt by having about 8-11 guys that played in the 05-06 season for JV and Varsity quit this year.  Many believe it is because of Erickson as the new coach, but im not so sure.

south took a lot of bad penalties and the third line didnt play that much because for the whole six shifts they were out there the first two periods they had bad penalties. this was also around the time when souths first line began its attitude issue on the ice. as for north being hurt so much by losing those three players, theyve moved kids up a line and filled in some spots with defensemen. north depends on their first line which accounts for 2/3 of the teams goals and a little less than half of the teams points, so it doesnt matter who is on the second line, theyre just out there to give the first line a break. and from what ive heard about erickson, a lot of the players arent too fond of him.
highheat

Postby SirSinksALot » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:38 pm

[user=1334]highheat[/user] wrote
south took a lot of bad penalties and the third line didnt play that much because for the whole six shifts they were out there the first two periods they had bad penalties. this was also around the time when souths first line began its attitude issue on the ice. as for north being hurt so much by losing those three players, theyve moved kids up a line and filled in some spots with defensemen. north depends on their first line which accounts for 2/3 of the teams goals and a little less than half of the teams points, so it doesnt matter who is on the second line, theyre just out there to give the first line a break. and from what ive heard about erickson, a lot of the players arent too fond of him.
Are you talking about South's or North's 3rd line? Because im almost positive South's 3rd line didnt touch the ice for more than 2 shifts in the entire game.  As for North filling up spots with Defensemen.. Narveson played forward most of last year and defense towards the end.  The rest of the varsity spots have been filled by Logan Gylten (J), Andrew Schefter (J), and Nick Boe (So), who all play both JV and Varsity.  And didnt Powers and Wurden both have 2 goals?? i wouldnt say thats an issue...
"Champions don't win on talent, they win on effort."
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Hockey