this weekend

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Dk All Day » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:10 pm

we got dickinson tommorow night thursday and bismarck high on saturday for hockey day in minot(not cool) so who does everyone else play and thier predictions.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby football33 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:12 am

williston has BHS friday and CHS saturday.  sounds like it should be an interesting weekend in the west.
football33

Postby highheat » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:22 pm

moorhead vs. grand rapids tomorrow night on fsn. thatll be better than any north dakota high school game.
highheat

Postby MHSfan » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:48 pm

highheat wrote:moorhead vs. grand rapids tomorrow night on fsn. thatll be better than any north dakota high school game.

Actually I think that the bhs and Minot game will be a good one.  How did grand rapids and moorhead get on fsn anyways?  Schools paying for it?  Fsn is a joke, it should be called MSN(Minnesota Sports Net)
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DrPepper1 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:09 pm

MHSfan wrote:
highheat wrote:moorhead vs. grand rapids tomorrow night on fsn. thatll be better than any north dakota high school game.

Actually I think that the bhs and Minot game will be a good one.  How did grand rapids and moorhead get on fsn anyways?  Schools paying for it?  Fsn is a joke, it should be called MSN(Minnesota Sports Net)

You obviously know too little about FSN to be bashing them.  They televised around 20 regular season minnesota high school hockey games last year plus the whole state tournament.  This year they've even increased the number of games they're televising.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:50 am

Can someone tell me what time the Moorhead vs. GR game will come on tonight? Thanks.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby ndfootball » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:13 am

MHSfan wrote:

I wouldnt say FSN is a joke.  I love watching how other high school kids compete at upper levels.  Its great that they are putting on hockey and football games.
ndfootball

Postby theprodigy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:08 am

big_tyme_hockey wrote:Can someone tell me what time the Moorhead vs. GR game will come on tonight? Thanks.

7:30 on FSN. Grand Rapids at Moorhead.
theprodigy

Postby MHSfan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:14 am

DrPepper1 wrote:
MHSfan wrote:

You obviously know too little about FSN to be bashing them.  They televised around 20 regular season minnesota high school hockey games last year plus the whole state tournament.  This year they've even increased the number of games they're televising.
No, I must have not worded it correct. All I was saying was that since it is FSN North, how come you never see any ND stuff on there?  Like you said they just put more Minnesota stuff on there.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BenchRanger » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:36 am

FSN is based out of Minneapolis. You won't see UND games NDSU games or anything ND because of the demographics of MN. It's regional TV coverage. We are fortunate to get the broadcasts in ND.
It's not how high you climb, but how high you bounce after you fall. Gen. George Patton
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Antelope Man » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:48 am

Willistons game on Friday night against BHS went into overtime and BHS won 4-3.  But in the 2nd period I thought the refs. Were doing a horable job.  Bismark wasn't getting any penalties and Williston got alot.  But we can find out how the game should have gone with BHS comes to Williston because the refs. there are pretty fair both ways I believe.
Antelope Man
NDPreps Rookie

Postby fellowes » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:33 pm

Although i did not see the Bismarck High Williston game I find it humorous that "antelope man" said  -"in the 2nd period I thought the refs. Were doing a horable job.  Bismark wasn't getting any penalties and Williston got alot."- Maybe Bismarck didnt get any penalties because they didnt break any of the rules?
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Batman » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:03 pm

Blaming refs is always a cop-out.  Unless you are one of the ref's.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby BenchRanger » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:34 am

Antelope Man wrote: But we can find out how the game should have gone with BHS comes to Williston because the refs. there are pretty fair both ways I believe.

From what I have heard about the officiating in Williston is that they have one or two decent officials after that, it's a crap shoot. As for being fair... there is no such thing as a fair referee. Don't start on about reffing unless you can go out on the ice and do a better job than they are doing. But, unfortunately, they won't let you out there with your kickers that you bought from Home of Economy and the whistle you use to train your dog. Don't come to this board and tell us how your hometown refs are doing a better job than everyone else and you can wait till a team that you lost to comes to your rink. What happened with Minot? Did your refs blow it? Don't have a brain fart and start posting crap.
Last edited by BenchRanger on Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not how high you climb, but how high you bounce after you fall. Gen. George Patton
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey4life » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:08 am

I was at the williston/bhs game and the refs in the 2nd period were horrible williston got screwed, i think they had 5 or 6 penalties and bhs had maybe 1.
Last edited by hockey4life on Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockey4life » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:10 am

hey bench ranger were u there in williston when they played minot? Because if you weren't i would be quiet, maybe williston just wasn't ready to play ?
Last edited by hockey4life on Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby BenchRanger » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:42 am

So you think that the team that gets more penalties is getting screwed? Wow!! I think that it's because the team that got more penalties.... got more penalties. Just hope that your penalty kill is better than their power play. Look at RR last year, they were one of the most penalized teams in the state. Do you think that they got screwed? EDC Champs and 2nd place in State....
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey4life » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:25 am

Hey the rules have changed since last year about penalties , and we aren't talking about last year we are talking about this year
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Return to Hockey