Mr. Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Csauce123 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:12 am

Who will be the finalists for Mr. Hockey this year?
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby vcfan1 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:18 pm

1. Eric Galt (mr hockey)

2. Paul weisgarber

3. paul campbell

close running- thomas campbell and marc mihulka
vcfan1

Postby Csauce123 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:36 pm

I agree with Erick Galt winning I believe the he is better than Marto was last year, but Paul Weisgarber will give him a good run
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby Csauce123 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:40 pm

Erick Galt also has 10+ points in his last three games and is the leading scoring defenseman in the state by 10+ points:

Tyrel McBain
H/B
So.
F

Paul Weisgarber
F.S.
Sr.
F

Paul Campbell
GPR
Sr.
F

Thomas Campbell
GPR
Sr.
F

Brian Haugstad
H/B
Sr.
F

Erick Galt
F.S.
Sr.
D
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:38 pm

Just a little tip for everyone who doesn't know a lot about hockey in North Dakota.  Any stats coming for a player in the West should be divided by 2 at least to compare them to players from the East.  The West is weak....very weak.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndpride » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:14 pm

I would have to disagree with that statement,
ndpride
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DrPepper1 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:47 pm

ndpride wrote:I would have to disagree with that statement,

Why? Because you're from the west? Or you think they should be divided by 3?
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby football33 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:18 pm

just wanna ask all u ppl like dr pepper, how is galt doing in the ushl this year??........ oh ya hes not even playing in the ushl is he. i believe jundt from williston is playing in green bay and doin VERY well, hes on power play penalty kill, and is on the second line. i believe he is even being looked at by a couple D-1 schools. so for all u who said jundt wasnt as good as galt and that he shouldnt have been a canidate for mr hockey, i think all of you ppl should hold wait and see the people play before you go and say that they arent as good as someone.
football33

Postby LB21 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:22 am

Erick Galt is playing for the North Iowa Outlaws in the NAHL.  Jundt and Galt are both excellent players.  I don't understand why people ripped Jundt last year and I don't understand why you are ripping Galt this year.  Compliments don't always have to come at someone's expense.  I think it is a liitle premature to write off Erick Galt. 

LB21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:35 am

LB21 wrote:Erick Galt is playing for the North Iowa Outlaws in the NAHL.  Jundt and Galt are both excellent players.  I don't understand why people ripped Jundt last year and I don't understand why you are ripping Galt this year.  Compliments don't always have to come at someone's expense.  I think it is a liitle premature to write off Erick Galt. 

jundt and rehak from williston best defensive pair in the state last year, yes including the east
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dk All Day » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:33 am

all thos candidates were just lucky that willert wasnt around to take mr. hockey becuz he wouldve brought 3-4 more points to minot every game he would've won it for sure.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:23 pm

Dk All Day wrote:all thos candidates were just lucky that willert wasnt around to take mr. hockey becuz he wouldve brought 3-4 more points to minot every game he would've won it for sure.

o ya baby for sure. He is ripping it up for Tri- City.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:33 am

Dk All Day wrote:all thos candidates were just lucky that willert wasnt around to take mr. hockey becuz he wouldve brought 3-4 more points to minot every game he would've won it for sure.

Great point Wilert is a stud he is big and has the hands and shot to go with it a fun player to watch for sure. Maybe would have got minot over that state first game hump
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby siouxf@n » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:35 am

I'm not sure that I agree with this. Willert did okay last year for Tri-City with 23 points in 59 games, but he was also skating with the stud who is now playing for SCSU. This year, he has 1 assist in 8 games. Willert is big, but is certainly not more skilled than Paul Weisgarber. Paul has 0 points in 4 games with Waterloo. Paul is very skilled, but his size may be an issue. However, Tyler Jundt, a defenseman and Mr. Hockey finalist from Williston, has 3 points in 5 games playing defense for Green Bay. I agree that Minot would have been much better with Willert and may have had a legitimate shot at State--he likely would have skated with Andy Dittus and Nate Stremmick, both very good players. This isn't intended to be a shot at Jordan Willert, who is big with a great shot, but he has holes in his game as well. Through bantams and the Elite leagues, I always felt that Paul Weisgarber had more skill. Willert will probably get more opportunities down the road because of his size, but that does not necessarily make him a better high school hockey player.

As far as this year, candidates have to include Tyler Klein of North (if he gets support from his teammates and is not keyed on every game), Danny Wurden from South, Nate Stremmich from Minot and Zach Miller from Grafton.
siouxf@n
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Metal Edge » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:10 am

[font=arial]I think eric herbal from bottineau might be a darkhouse for mr. hockey this year.[/font]

[font=arial]he left during his jr. year and played hockey for a development team and is now[/font]

[font=arial]back for his senior year.  i watched him play at the bobcat tryouts in bismarck this[/font]

[font=arial]fall, not too bad.  however, playing for bottineau might be a downfall, but then [/font]

[font=arial]again this will be a better club from previous, embrassing years.[/font] 
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby fellowes » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:25 pm

I think bottineau in it self could be a darkhorse. I have heard rumblings that their team will suprise alot of people this year. It may sound rediculous right now but i beleive their youth programs are doing alot better with developing their players and they could suprise teams from the west.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dk All Day » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:35 am

who are u guys triing to fool bottineau? hahaha don''t be so ridiculous their is no way they will win a game in the west unless someone plas thier jv team against them then i will still doubt it a little. but good luck to them.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:04 am

Dk All Day wrote:who are u guys triing to fool bottineau? hahaha don''t be so ridiculous their is no way they will win a game in the west unless someone plas thier jv team against them then i will still doubt it a little. but good luck to them.

bottineau will be better this year, gonna poll split wins from some team's this year
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Csauce123 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:41 am

Jundt is a good player, so is Galt. Galt is also being looked at by D1 schools. So are 75 percent of the players in both of those leagues. Whats your point go back a year and give Jundt Mr. Hockey?? He still has a lot to prove in my eyes.
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby Metal Edge » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:04 am

[font=arial black]DK all day, you might be eating your words this year.  Bottineau[/font]

[font=arial black]will be a totally different team, more on the lines of a traditional[/font]

[font=arial black]Bottineau team that use to beat Minot.  They might be alittle weak[/font]

[font=arial black]at goaltending, but they will have an explosive offense.  Minot [/font]

[font=arial black]is lucky that Devils Lake moved to the east, because they would of[/font]

[font=arial black]got spanked.  It's time to realize that Minot has gone backwards[/font]

[font=arial black]and teams like Williston have gone the other direction.  Good luck[/font]

[font=arial black]though, go rabbits.[/font]   
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:56 am

who is bottno looking to start at goalie what year and name
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Dk All Day » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:18 pm

thier is no way i'm going to be eating my words on that because we would never lose to bottineau for one and i have never lost to bottineau in all my years of playing hockey and i dotn plan on it this year so maybe some other team but not minot.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby Metal Edge » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:36 am

Keep in mind that Minot has lost to Bottineau plenty of times

in the past and I'm sure it will happen again.  Win or lose, Minot

chokes year after year in the state tournament so it doesn't really

matter who they beat.  Keep in mind teams in the east lose players

every year to jrs, probably more so than the west so that's not

an excuse.
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby Metal Edge » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:38 am

i believe bottineau has 2 sophmore goalies, so that will be

a downfall this season.  i guess you never know. 
Last edited by Metal Edge on Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndpride » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:39 pm

Bottineau will get some wins this year in west, but won't contend for State. Their youth program needs to start playing A Hockey to make their HS better

ndpride
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Hockey