Mr. Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:55 pm

highheat wrote:how about from this perspective; how many state championships does herbel have under his belt?

none, but lets look at it in this perspective...lets look at the enrollment numbers for bottineau, and then lets compair with bismark,minot, fargo south, north, red river and some of the other major hockey towns. you will quickly find out that Bottineau has a disadvantage right away, and they play all class B sports except for hockey. I think that you guys should stop whining because ur relatives or friends or teams superstar didnt recieve mr. hockey, and some no body took it away from them. I feel that some of the people around the state talking smack will soon find out that bottineau's hockey program is possibly the only one getting any better in the west region, therefore you might have to bite your tounge
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby highheat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:02 pm

tim wrote:
highheat wrote:how about from this perspective; how many state championships does herbel have under his belt?

none, but lets look at it in this perspective...lets look at the enrollment numbers for bottineau, and then lets compair with bismark,minot, fargo south, north, red river and some of the other major hockey towns. you will quickly find out that Bottineau has a disadvantage right away, and they play all class B sports except for hockey. I think that you guys should stop whining because ur relatives or friends or teams superstar didnt recieve mr. hockey, and some no body took it away from them. I feel that some of the people around the state talking smack will soon find out that bottineau's hockey program is possibly the only one getting any better in the west region, therefore you might have to bite your tounge

ill give the kid credit for putting up some stellar numbers without much of a supporting cast and improving that team and making it into a middle of the road team instead of a cellar dweller. i just think that had he been playing against better teams that had players that could match his speed and his ability he wouldnt have put up those numbers.
highheat

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:07 pm

highheat wrote:
tim wrote:

ill give the kid credit for putting up some stellar numbers without much of a supporting cast and improving that team and making it into a middle of the road team instead of a cellar dweller. i just think that had he been playing against better teams that had players that could match his speed and his ability he wouldnt have put up those numbers.

I would agree with that, sure he dint have the best players to play with him, but id still say that i would have to take him in a speed contest,handling contest, and the guy never gets hit, he is alert at all times... making him very shifty and hard to eliminate
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball007 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:30 pm

tim that doesn't make sense..... how can grafton-park river be a state title contender year in and year out when they have  what.... like 300 kids in their high school?
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:51 pm

it makes perfect sense, i just looked it up on www.schoolfolks.com park river has 126 male students enrolled, and grafton has 170 males, for a combined total of about 300 male students. This is only 50 more than bottineau, but when you think about it, the past in the west has been basketball, and the past in the east has been hockey. Parents of kids these days dont really give their son/daughter a chance to choose what sport they play, usually they just automatically play the spor their parent did. Bottineau is usually known for putting out a descent class B basketball team, but only because bottineau has always been that way, its a tradition. Hockey has always been a tradition for grafton and park river, and thats the way it will stay. Most schools in the west look at hockey as a minority, one of my relatives from bottineau said that the school erupted when bottineau tipped over jamestown a week ago, especially when jamestown was expected to take the west region hands down this year.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball007 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:39 pm

could bottnieaus class b basketball team give some class a teams a good game?
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:43 pm

probly not but then look at the enrollments again, and i bet the girls would give some of the class A schools a good game.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:20 pm

tim wrote:you can say all that you want about eric playing against west teams... and dont say that he isnt worthy. have  any of you even seen the guy play hockey? he is pretty amazing, and i feel that he would be successful on any of the east teams as well. He took his team from winning one game in 2005-2006, to winning 11 in 2006-2007. Tell me somone else who has done this before. the kid is a miracle worker. he deserves Mr. Hockey....and by the way ......Their back.... look out in the next couple of years. i feel that they wont even be a darkhouse team, they could be shining in the spotlights

Mcbain did the same thing to Hazen-Beuhla... as a sophomore.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:24 pm

Mc bain left...and left for good, eric left, only to come back and play with his friends....whos the better guy....and mc bain isnt as good, maybe, dont really know much about mc bain, but i think herbel still has him
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:27 pm

tim wrote:Mc bain left...and left for good, eric left, only to come back and play with his friends....whos the better guy....and mc bain isnt as good, maybe, dont really know much about mc bain, but i think herbel still has him

McBain is pretty good, once he got up to South's tempo he was doing pretty well, showing EDC a good show. Didn't see much from him at state, but we'll see how he does Senior year at south.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:36 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
tim wrote:Mc bain left...and left for good, eric left, only to come back and play with his friends....whos the better guy....and mc bain isnt as good, maybe, dont really know much about mc bain, but i think herbel still has him

McBain is pretty good, once he got up to South's tempo he was doing pretty well, showing EDC a good show. Didn't see much from him at state, but we'll see how he does Senior year at south.

can you imagine how much of a threat herbel whould have been playing for a team like this, or any of the other better west region players such as caleb haugen,zach welding, or colby rehawk? i dont totally agree that one player can take a team from the bottom to the middle of the pack....but we have seen that it is possible, but only a couple of the great nd players have done it... i believe the players around you place a big impact on how numbers turn out...it is a team sport
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:58 pm

i just want to point out the obvious here but for the idiots that say how many state championships lets think about this quick the names that are more or less household names in high school hockey

South wurden graalum diecert powers mcbain mcdougall metz

RR meland crary vigen laducer galbreath aranson

GPR which also co ops Hills miller(minto i believe) demers sand

now look at this

Bottno Herbel

Now what the heck do you expect a kid to do he led his team to the game to get to state and had really no help now if you take any 1 player from the east and take away herbel i still gaurentee botno does not get to state thats how bad of a team he was working with so using state titles is more or less a cop out unless you can prove that wurden or any state champ for that matter SINGLE HANDEDLY won it for their team
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball007 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:12 am

wurden scoring a goal with 2.4 seconds left or whatever for his team to win the game. miller, everson, and wurden played agasint varsity teams. herbel played against schools jv teams
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:22 pm

baseball007 wrote:wurden scoring a goal with 2.4 seconds left or whatever for his team to win the game. miller, everson, and wurden played agasint varsity teams. herbel played against schools jv teams

Stick to baseball and knitting, you obviously don't know what you are talking about.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tim » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:59 pm

just  a question quick like....did jamestown play their jv when they played them at region, how about when they played dickenson at home and beat them, or bismark at region? i think that bismark had their hands full... at region... and im positive that they wouldnt play their jv. this might have been true for the last few years, but not now guys get ur facts right
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby tim » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:03 pm

yeah mhs fan has a point, go make a basket or something
Last edited by tim on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:52 pm

tim wrote:just  a question quick like....did jamestown play their jv when they played them at region, how about when they played dickenson at home and beat them, or bismark at region? i think that bismark had their hands full... at region... and im positive that they wouldnt play their jv. this might have been true for the last few years, but not now guys get ur facts right

Only time they played a jv team was first meeting with Century, Century lost 3-2 so no team sent there jv after that.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby tim » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:01 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
tim wrote:just  a question quick like....did jamestown play their jv when they played them at region, how about when they played dickenson at home and beat them, or bismark at region? i think that bismark had their hands full... at region... and im positive that they wouldnt play their jv. this might have been true for the last few years, but not now guys get ur facts right

Only time they played a jv team was first meeting with Century, Century lost 3-2 so no team sent there jv after that.
do you feel that that was an actual jv team tho, considering that bottineaus jv lost by only a couple of goals on their own ice? Bottineau didnt play all of their regular varsity players against century's jv either, or anyteam for that matter. Bottineau actually dressed a sophomore for his first time that night.
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby jo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:26 pm

Clark17 wrote:Jamestown sure shut him down.

hope your not talking about eric herbel and botno. who beat jamestown out of the west region tournament?
jo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:23 pm

tim wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

do you feel that that was an actual jv team tho, considering that bottineaus jv lost by only a couple of goals on their own ice? Bottineau didnt play all of their regular varsity players against century's jv either, or anyteam for that matter. Bottineau actually dressed a sophomore for his first time that night.
That was all of centurys underclassmen so 11 players didnt play and yes herbel did play as a matter of fact he had 3 goals and the score was 3-2 and when BHS played in botno that was their jv team as well
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tim » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:32 pm

i do believe in miracles, but was it bismark highs jv team at region too there coach?
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball007 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:38 pm

hmmm mhs fan... go watch your team come in to state every year thinking they're going to win.. only to lose for 15 years in a row.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tim » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:41 pm

your just mad cuz we found ur hidden talents... hey whats the price on ur hand made baskets?
tim
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:40 pm

jo wrote:
Clark17 wrote:Jamestown sure shut him down.

hope your not talking about eric herbel and botno. who beat jamestown out of the west region tournament?

Yes, that was true during their second meeting during the regular season.  I guess Bottineau's win during the WDA proves that the regular season really doesn't mean much when it comes to tournament time.  Too bad they didn't beat Williston in the loser out game, it would've been nice to see them get there.  A bit more depth would have helped.  Was the goaltending ok, 9 goals on 31 shots according to the stats site, was there an empty netter or two?
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby tim » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:04 pm

i was there and watched the game, bottineau had some unlucky breaks, and williston always got the lucky bounce, i think there were about 4 goals that went in off of skates, and getzlaff seemed to save the first ones all of the time, but he had trouble when they could take three or four pop shots at a time, just like every other goalie would.
tim
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey