Mr. Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:34 am

How can you say that when they are playing a WDA schedule? They play the same teams that the rest of the west plays.  Yea they played some canadian teams as part of their nonconference schedule but tell what part of their conference sschedule is softer than anyone elses in the west.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby football33 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:04 am

Eric Herbal is the most talented player in the west...... very quick, great hands, and a good shot to. 42 points in 15 games playing for bottineau....... and bottineau would not be the team they are without him........ and he makes the players around him better to
football33

Postby keepinitreal » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:07 am

You are right without Herbel Bottineau would have lost by at least 3 or 4 to Mandan instead of 1.  They also would not have been able to pull off the Miracle on Ice against Century's JV with a 4-3 win.  Without Herbel the premier goalies in Canadian hockey from Morden, Rivers Collegiate, and Bienfat would have single handedly beaten the Braves. 
keepinitreal

Postby football33 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:28 am

you just proved my point, in years past bottineau has lost to these jv teams by 3-4 goals, and have not won a single game in the wda.... losing 4-3 to bismarks high.... herbal scores three goals on hillman who is being talked about for mr hockey? ya the west is weak, ya bottineau still isnt a very good team but im just sayin this kid is a very good hockey player and is the reason why bottineau is winning some games this year 
football33

Postby chachi_j2007 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:03 pm

football33 wrote:Eric Herbal is the most talented player in the west...... very quick, great hands, and a good shot to. 42 points in 15 games playing for bottineau....... and bottineau would not be the team they are without him........ and he makes the players around him better to

He is not more talented than minots nathan stremick.  Stremick has taken over the minot high team and has lead them back to the #1 team out of the west.  And im pretty sure that minot played there jv team against bottineau.
chachi_j2007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndpride » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:01 pm

just wondering how east bott. traveled on this side of border?? played any team from MN or GF or Fargo?
ndpride
NDPreps Reserve

Postby coast2coast » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:41 pm

chachi_j2007 wrote:
football33 wrote:Eric Herbal is the most talented player in the west...... very quick, great hands, and a good shot to. 42 points in 15 games playing for bottineau....... and bottineau would not be the team they are without him........ and he makes the players around him better to

He is not more talented than minots nathan stremick.  Stremick has taken over the minot high team and has lead them back to the #1 team out of the west.  And im pretty sure that minot played there jv team against bottineau.

Stremick is the WDA's best player, Herbal is a Charlie Bair with an even weaker schedule.  Not only is the West down, but the horrible Canadian teams must be fielding kids that are handicapped, in the 6th grade, or most likely both.  When Bottineau beats teams by 6 goals, the other team is pathetic, I don't care how you look at it.  Stremick, Hillman, and Welding should all be nominated before Herbal. Even if Herbal is the best player in the West, it is not possible to show it with his schedule and his team, as he will never be able to be more than a one man show that loses to every decent team they play. 

Stremick or Hillman needs to go on an absolute tear for the rest of the year if they want a shot at it.
coast2coast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:28 pm

coast2coast wrote:
chachi_j2007 wrote:

Stremick is the WDA's best player, Herbal is a Charlie Bair with an even weaker schedule.  Not only is the West down, but the horrible Canadian teams must be fielding kids that are handicapped, in the 6th grade, or most likely both.  When Bottineau beats teams by 6 goals, the other team is pathetic, I don't care how you look at it.  Stremick, Hillman, and Welding should all be nominated before Herbal. Even if Herbal is the best player in the West, it is not possible to show it with his schedule and his team, as he will never be able to be more than a one man show that loses to every decent team they play. 

Stremick or Hillman needs to go on an absolute tear for the rest of the year if they want a shot at it.

Charlie bair from the west was a more worthy choice from the west 2 years ago then herbel is now, Herbel is scoring lots of points, but he still isn't lifting his team past better opponents. Where i think Stremmick, hillman, and still a toss up between herbal and welding for the 3rd choice, Welding gets alot of peneltys which hurts his team in some games which should be looked at also.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:48 pm

Stremick is hands-down the best player in the West.  Not to take anything away from his line mates but ones a freshmen and the other is a soccer player.  With that said he still has no chance at wining it unless he goes on a tear.
ndfootball

Postby Clark17 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:04 pm

I believe Bottineau's JV is 1-0-1, maybe 2-0? (not exactly sure) against Minot's JV this year, and that is without Herbel.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby fellowes » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:09 am

The chances of Mr. Hockey coming from the west are slim, I would think if Danny Wurden doesnt win the award the top scoring Senior from the East Region will win it.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby secretpotion » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:58 pm

football33 wrote:you just proved my point, in years past bottineau has lost to these jv teams by 3-4 goals, and have not won a single game in the wda.... losing 4-3 to bismarks high.... herbal scores three goals on hillman who is being talked about for mr hockey? ya the west is weak, ya bottineau still isnt a very good team but im just sayin this kid is a very good hockey player and is the reason why bottineau is winning some games this year 

He was able to score three on hillman but got shut out by Jamestown's Enderle what's up with that.  I would like to know how many goals came against those Canadian teams.
secretpotion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:58 pm

Clark17 wrote:I believe Bottineau's JV is 1-0-1, maybe 2-0? (not exactly sure) against Minot's JV this year, and that is without Herbel.

Ok then anwser me this, how many varsity players are playing on Bottineau's JV during those games.  You can't tell me that they have enough athletes to put together two full teams.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Clark17 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:37 pm

They may have some that play extra periods, but I do know Herbel does not dress with the JV.  Herbel is good and anyone that knows hockey and has seen him play should realize that.  How good, I guess he may have to prove that during the showcase where people may be watching.  
Last edited by Clark17 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Metal Edge » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:43 pm

[font=courier new]Bottineau has over 30 skaters on there high school team, so the varsity and JV teams are basically seperate.  I'm guessing they have a few skaters that play both, just like every other team.  Minot will just have to come to terms that Bottineau's program is gaining some ground and there JV team lost to a legimate Bottineau JV team.  [/font]

[font=Courier New]Maybe it's time to swallow your pride and give Bottineau's team some credit.  They are an improved team and have put together some good games against opponents like Bismarck and Dickinson.  You can't hardly compare them to an east powerhouse, because it's been a long time that anybody from the west could compete against the east.  [/font]

[font=Courier New]Hearbal has put up good numbers against tougher opponents, he had a hat trick against Bismarck High.  I'm not sure if he is Mr. Hockey, but it seems that everybody knows him.  Coaches double or triple team him and he still seems to find a way to contribute.  Besides being an offensive power he also hits and back checks. [/font]

[font=Courier New]I have talked to a number of various hockey fans from different cities and I never hear the name Nathan S. from Minot come up.  The Hearbal kid is a dominate player, so before making an opinion watch the kid.  And for the Bismarck Century when they called it there JV squad, they only sat out a small handful of kids.  It was a way to get more kids ice time and games.     [/font]
Last edited by Metal Edge on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:38 am

Metal Edge wrote:[font=courier new]Bottineau has over 30 skaters on there high school team, so the varsity and JV teams are basically seperate.  I'm guessing they have a few skaters that play both, just like every other team.  Minot will just have to come to terms that Bottineau's program is gaining some ground and there JV team lost to a legimate Bottineau JV team.  [/font]

[font=Courier New]Maybe it's time to swallow your pride and give Bottineau's team some credit.  They are an improved team and have put together some good games against opponents like Bismarck and Dickinson.  You can't hardly compare them to an east powerhouse, because it's been a long time that anybody from the west could compete against the east.  [/font]

[font=Courier New]Hearbal has put up good numbers against tougher opponents, he had a hat trick against Bismarck High.  I'm not sure if he is Mr. Hockey, but it seems that everybody knows him.  Coaches double or triple team him and he still seems to find a way to contribute.  Besides being an offensive power he also hits and back checks. [/font]

[font=Courier New]I have talked to a number of various hockey fans from different cities and I never hear the name Nathan S. from Minot come up.  The Hearbal kid is a dominate player, so before making an opinion watch the kid.  And for the Bismarck Century when they called it there JV squad, they only sat out a small handful of kids.  It was a way to get more kids ice time and games.     [/font]

You make so good ponts, but Nathen Stemmick is more known then Herbal he has been putting up fairly desent numbers since he was a sophmore, i never heard of herbel till this year, but last year he was playing AAA midgets in Iowa thats all i know of him, other then this year hes good, but stremmick is a more all around better player.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Metal Edge wrote:[font=courier new]Bottineau has over 30 skaters on there high school team, so the varsity and JV teams are basically seperate.  I'm guessing they have a few skaters that play both, just like every other team.  Minot will just have to come to terms that Bottineau's program is gaining some ground and there JV team lost to a legimate Bottineau JV team.  [/font]

a handful of kids from CHS ok if you call all 10 of their seniors that sat a handful ok because they didnt play any senior and that was in order to pick up a game aginst crookston not for more ice time or anything it was about compitition
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:49 pm

Saucesauer wrote:

a handful of kids from CHS ok if you call all 10 of their seniors that sat a handful ok because they didnt play any senior and that was in order to pick up a game aginst crookston not for more ice time or anything it was about compitition

Why would olson look over a conference game to a non-conference game? Did he just think Century JV would still just walk all over them? I don't know i would worry about the conference before trying to pick-up a game with crookston, i think poor coaching on his part. Could hurt century at the end of the season.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Metal Edge » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:50 pm

well whatever century did was not very smart, because they lost 2 points in the standings.  when does bottineau and century play again?
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby iwantsyndogs » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:14 am

Danny Wurden is hands down the best player in the state this year.  It really doesn't matter who the finalist from the west will be because this kid can play.  Danny shouldn't be playing HS hockey in ND this year.  Junior hockey is where he should be but he was always covered up by Erick Galt the last couple of years so no one knew about him.
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Hockey Wizzard » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:24 pm

well danny wurden from the east received "senior athlete of the year" and eric herbal from the west received "senior athlete of the year".  who will win mr. hockey, i'm guessing wurden.  herbal never played against any eastern opponents, so i'm guessing that will hurt his chances. 
The Hockey Wizzard
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football#1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:32 pm

kyle everson has a good shot

football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:55 pm

Herbel wont get it because one key thing hes not playing this weekend
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby RazorsEdge » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:56 pm

The votes are in and Eric Herbel is one of the finalist's. Do not count him out just yet!
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby dubblepen » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:02 pm

RazorsEdge wrote:The votes are in and Eric Herbel is one of the finalist's. Do not count him out just yet!

Who are the others?
blood sweat and tears, i dripped all tre jus to get hur.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey