South

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby iwantsyndogs » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:00 pm

South wins 6-2 over Grafton.  Anyone there to give a recap?
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby OldTimer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:13 pm

South once again looks like they have the tools to make a repeat. I have never seen a high school hockey game so fast and physical right from the get-go (multiple concussions during the game was the result). South is very big and intimadating with their defense, forwards looked decent, and Deichert played solid in net. Grafton has some skilled young forwards and a couple really good senior forwards. Penalty trouble cost Grafton some goals in the second when South started taking the lead. None the less it was a dang good match and I look forward to these teams playing in the future because they will both be among the top teams in the state, and it was very fast and very physical.
OldTimer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hockeyfan02 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:15 pm

I am not as optimistic as oldtimer about the game. It may have been first game jitters, but I saw some lazyness on the part of a few Fargo South "studs", not including #4 Jake McDougall, who seems to have a nose for the puck. The two teams matched up well against eachother, both who seemed to be running two lines and occationally rotating in the third.  South does not have the depth that has been reported by some. Graftons goalie was shakey, but their young guys seemed to step up and make some plays. During the second period it seemed like Grafton had a penatly kill everytime I looked up at the score board. Grafton seemed to get tired playing a guy short, and thats when a couple chincy goals started. The referees seemed to be calling a lot of clutching and grabing penaltys like they have advertised, but it came off a little lop-sided. Anyway, South is the better team, but I am sure both will do fine this year. Good luck. 
hockeyfan02

Postby DrPepper1 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:08 am

I thought South looked over anxious in the first period and a little shaky, but once they settled down they pretty much handled GPR for the rest of the game.  Deichert was very solid in net for South.  Sand looked very questionable for the Spoilers.  This game could have been a bigger blowout if it wasnt for 3 or 4 posts hit by South.  All in all a pretty good start to the season.  Very good crowd and an excellant atmosphere.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:39 pm

Another solid showing by South.  I think Souths on a level by their own right now.  Red River was up there with them but im not too sure about that after they barely squeeked by West Fargo.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Csauce123 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:03 am

I don't think South will come close to losing a game in North Dakota this year. Any thoughts? I've seen all of their games they are deep....  Red River - Mihulka= Runner Up at State by 4 goals...
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby fellowes » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:40 pm

At this point in the season Red River and Fargo South in my opinion are the top dogs in the state, but I'll give South the edge and dub them number 1 until someone knocks them off. Their victory over White Bear Lake is very impressive as they won by a four goal margin. I look forward to watching their game at the collesium agasint Moorhead this thursday night.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Return to Hockey