New poll for whos going to win state.

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who will win state this year?

South
25%
Red River
15%
Grafton
9%
Central
3%
Devils Lake
19%
North
6%
Minot
6%
Williston
4%
Bismarck High
No votes
Bismarck Century
3%
Jamestown
4%
Other
6%

Total votes : 68

Postby DrPepper1 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:45 am

New poll with more options to make it more accurate.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:54 am

Who are the "other" votes for?
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:57 pm

haha please no one reply whap. I voted DL.
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyfan02 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:26 am

Who is other? Dickinson?
hockeyfan02

Postby DrPepper1 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:02 am

If you vote for other please post who you are voting for.  I dont see how any of the teams not listed even have a chance of making state let alone winning it but thats just my opinion.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby iwantsyndogs » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:32 am

I don't understand why Devils Lake is getting so many votes.  There must be a lot of Devils Lake players on here because the general hockey community in North Dakota couldn't possibly think they could win it all.
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DrPepper1 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:36 am

Yeah there's deffinately quite a few DL homers on this site.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby keepinitreal » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:00 am

The GFC Knights are ready to welcome DL to the East.  DL is no different from West Fargo except they have a with a lot more water.
Last edited by keepinitreal on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
keepinitreal

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:51 am

I'm from the west and there's better odds of winning the powerball jackpot then a west team taking state im sorry the west is really down this year.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby DrPepper1 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:05 pm

Any team from the west= no chance.  Any team noted as "other"= no chance in heck. For all you DL homers... no chance either.  We might as well change the poll to either Red River or South because no one is any where close to being on the same level as those two.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby scrappy23 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:20 pm

I agree the favorites are South and Red River. I still wouldnt count out GPR. They changed a few things before the bismark game and a totally different team showed up. I understand bismark isnt that good but GPR is young with the most young talent in the state and can only get better. They will be right there.
Last edited by scrappy23 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scrappy23

Postby gfhockey » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:58 pm

way to many DL people on here. I think they are just setting them selves up for a big let down when they come to purper or to fargo south.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyfan02 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:09 pm

I don't know if its too many DL people on here, or just people sick and tired of hearing from people that are bias from GF and Fargo, and are hoping that a cinderella team, or an underdog actually does well this season. I could care less, but listening to all of the DL or West haters, makes me like those teams that much more...Good night kids.
Last edited by hockeyfan02 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockeyfan02

Postby keepinitreal » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:46 pm

I wouldn't mind people praising DL as much if they were worthy of it, but they aren't.  I hope I'm not the only one who realizes a 6-5 win over Jamestown and a 2-0 win over WF aren't all that impressive.  If they can go out and beat a Fargo South, Red River or even Grafton for that matter I'll be impressed by them, but until that they are nothing more than an average EDC team at best.  As of now they aren't even in my top 5.  I am far more impressed with South, RR, GPR, Central, and North.
keepinitreal

Postby baseball2 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Well Im going to have to say that DL is one of the better teams in the state... Ill agree that RR and South are good teams, but lets get real here... even though Central hasnt played DL yet, Central only beat Shanley 4-0....DL beat them 10-0. And i am impressed by RR's performance with the 13-0 win against Shanley, I wasn't at the game so I couldn't tell you if they kept in their studs, but DL didn't. They played a lot of JV players, like some sophmores. They even took out their stud starting goalie and put in a back-up. That was near the end of the 2nd period or early in the 3rd and Shanley couldn't manage to put one in.
baseball2

Postby UNDBaseball » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:09 pm

Central also played Shanley there first games of the year and outshot shanley by about 30.  I agree with everyone else that is saying that DL still has to prove themselves.  They definately need to beat better teams than jamestown, WF, and Shanley to get my respect.  In the past Minot would have been a big win, but they are not what they used to be, thats for sure.
UNDBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:08 pm

I am going to call it now North will beat South and RR once this year
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gfhockey » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:30 pm

RR hasnt let up a goal yet. no garbage goals at the end or nothing. One of there leading scorers is a sophmore.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoSioux » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:42 pm

Ya Red River hasn't let up a goal but they have played really really bad teams

GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DrPepper1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:26 pm

Saucesauer wrote:I am going to call it now North will beat South and RR once this year

North will be lucky to come within 5 of either team.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby theprodigy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:25 am

DrPepper1 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:I am going to call it now North will beat South and RR once this year

North will be lucky to come within 5 of either team.

DrPepper1- I dont get your point of view here. At the beginning you are praising South, RR, and GPR. You said that those teams will be the best in the EDC. But now that North has beat GPR (one of those teams), you say they wont come within 5 of RR or South (the other two)? I mean come on, if you see a team that has beaten one of the top three teams, wouldn't you give them a little respect? I think that you have 6 quality teams this year in the EDC with South, RR, North, GPR, Central, and DL. They all have the potential to beat one another during the year. So therefore the east will be a lot more closer this year than it was last year.
theprodigy

Postby gfhockey » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:52 am

The games will be within 5 but with FS and RR winning them. I was lookin at stats today and RR top leading scorers have 2 and 3 yars left. Also, there starting D had 2 years left. There starting goalie so far and 2 years left. (all of these figures counting this year) so it looks like RR will continue to be dominant. Who has DL played that is good? I dont see them playing white bear lake. Dr.pepper is right but jsut not realistic.  I too hope a new team is in state this year rather then the reg 4 or 5 that tradiitonally make it in the east but no one will unseat fargo south or RR period. Yes, even DL wont unseat them. Feel free to give me sweet since i said DL wont be beating them but its the truth.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndhockey08 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:06 pm

Who is everyone to say DL doesn't have a chance... Hockey is a sport of fair chance- sure Red River and South are the dominant teams but who's to say that DL can't beat them? Its the first year DL is in the East.. if you guys think about it scores really dont mean anything...Ohh DL only beat Jamestown 6-5 and North 2-0... wheres the shanley 10-0 at?  The games are on and im curious to see the outcome of state this year.
ndhockey08

Postby mhsund » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:02 pm

ndhockey08 wrote:Who is everyone to say DL doesn't have a chance... Hockey is a sport of fair chance- sure Red River and South are the dominant teams but who's to say that DL can't beat them? Its the first year DL is in the East.. if you guys think about it scores really dont mean anything...Ohh DL only beat Jamestown 6-5 and North 2-0... wheres the shanley 10-0 at?  The games are on and im curious to see the outcome of state this year.

I think the reason why people don't talk about the 10-0 score is the same reason people don't talk about JV teams beating Bot. out west...
mhsund
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:15 pm

ndhockey08 wrote:Who is everyone to say DL doesn't have a chance... Hockey is a sport of fair chance- sure Red River and South are the dominant teams but who's to say that DL can't beat them? Its the first year DL is in the East.. if you guys think about it scores really dont mean anything...Ohh DL only beat Jamestown 6-5 and North 2-0... wheres the shanley 10-0 at?  The games are on and im curious to see the outcome of state this year.

DL doesnt stand a chance against either red river or south. As for DL beating shanley, mhsund hit the nail on the head. DL is on par with Central and North at this point and they are all going to be fighting for the third and forth seeds for state. you could throw GPR into the mix too if they turn it around.
highheat

Next

Return to Hockey