devils lake vs. jamestown

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:04 pm

ah, the joy of a season opener.

the game still hasn't started, and it is 56 minutes past when it should have...why you ask?

because a puck got lodged in the zamboni and it has taken them this long to try and dislodge it. hilarious.

makes for all sorts of great ways to start the game story on that one.

for instance: the season got off to a slow start for the blue jays because they couldn't get on the ice

or the possible headline: hungry hungry zamboni

my personal favorite: what the puck
rep

Postby Dk All Day » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:08 pm

so is thier any update on this game?
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:14 pm

the game started just after 8 p.m. and it is 5-3 dl is up (i think...another guy in the office is listening to the game and i'm watching mnf)
rep

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:21 pm

late in the second period...apparently there is a scrum of some kind that has postponed play for a bit...about the only thing left to delay this game is locusts or an outbreak of stigmata...
rep

Postby keepinitreal » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:18 pm

Have there been a lot of penalties or have they backed off on the new rules?
keepinitreal

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:36 pm

not a clue...haven't been listening to it...just asking the guy listening to it the score every now and again
rep

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:39 pm

dl wins 6-5
rep

Postby RazorsEdge » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:31 pm

You have to forgive DL it wasn't that a puck was stuck in the Zamboni it was "THE PUCK" as in, only puck with activities cut backs and all.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:56 am

Its going to be a long year for DL in the EDC if they struggle against a weak Jamestown team at home
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeymanager07 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:12 am

#13 Spenningsby i belive his name is was carried of on a strecher with what was said to be some kind of muscel or lower back injury thats y the 2nd period was carried over into the 3rd
Last edited by hockeymanager07 on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
hockeymanager07
NDPreps Rookie

Postby GoSioux » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:46 am

Who are you to judge that Jamestown is weak team, and if that is true what does that say about Devils Lake
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nd-ball41 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:59 am

Just throwing this out there, but Zach Welding of Jamestown scored 4 of the 5 goals, and had and assist on the other goal. He is off to an impressive start in his senior year.
nd-ball41

Postby NDhockey6b » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:09 am

I listened to the game. There were less penalties than expected. It seemed to be a similar game to last year. Only 1 hooking penalty, and the annoucer said that there should of been many more. So the refs backed off. It was a very good game. I guess there was a large crowd and DL seemed to control most of the game. Jamestown seemed to have a lot more strength and depth than they were thought of had. It would have been a totally different game if it wasnt for Zach Welding from Jamestown. He had 4 out of the 5 goals and assisted the other. It sounded like he was the only player on their team and he seemed to be on everyline haha. Welding shoots welding on the rebound...pass out to the point to welding. He must be their go to man. Pretty impressive gettin 4 goals in one game compaired to only 6 goals all last season. Over all DL sounded like they had 3 solid lines and some 4-5 solid defensmen. The forward Everson had a hat trick along with an assist and Hanke had 2 goals and a assist. DL's goalie seemed to be having an off game letting in 5 goals. He was rated 6th in the state last season as a sophmore.  Very long game, i believe that the game went till about 10:45 and it was suppose to start at 7:30. Its the first game of the season and things could change quickly. So far I think DL will do well in the east and jamestown will contend for the top of the west.
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby RazorsEdge » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Jamestown is far from weak. I drove up for the game, and want to say there was a big difference in the way these same officials called the game compared to last season. They are still some of the best officials around, but a noticeable change. Good Luck to both teams this season.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:42 am

Has there been any more word on Spenningsby?
AandBfan

Postby iwantsyndogs » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:24 am

This is great that Devils Lake has all this hype this year but in all reality I really don't think they will do much damage late in the year.  I see them maybe being in the top four in the east just because they work so hard but to beat the Red Rivers, Graftons, and Souths this year may be too much for them.
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:11 am

i think devils lake will be a strong contender this year. they can score, kyle everson already has 6 goals in two games this year, they have a tough defense who are very physical. they also have great team speed and conditioning. the reason for the let down against jamestown was because of so many delays, with the zamboni and that kid getting hurt. they came out strong against Minot, and should be able to handle Shanley pretty well tonight.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoSioux » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:02 am

Rematch tonight in Jamestown, pretty close game last time, any predictions on tonights game?
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:12 am

GoSioux wrote:Rematch tonight in Jamestown, pretty close game last time, any predictions on tonights game?

that hopefully a puck won't get sucked up by a zamboni...other than that, anything goes
rep

Postby GoSioux » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:01 am

Haha yes hopefully that doesn't happen again.  The last game didn't get done till around 10:15.
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:21 pm

the game was postponed until tuesday and will be played in dl

there is a problem with the surface at wilson arena and they moved it to the other rink, and played the jv game there, but apparently there was a problem with one of the boards or something.
rep

Postby GoSioux » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:47 pm

Jamestown beat Devils Lake 7-4
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:21 am

That game should have shut up all the DL people on this site that talk themselve up.
ndfootball

Postby ndman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:22 am

This goes to show the Devils Lake will not be a top contender in the east and hopefully the Devils Lake people will realize that.
ndman

Postby hockeyfan02 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:31 am

I hear through the grape vine DL played a 3rd bad game in a row, and came out with a 4-3 win over north in Devils Lake Saturday night. I agree with a lot of you, if they want to be contenders they will  have to turn their game around and start producing some goals. Lets just remember this, any team can beat another in highschool on any given night. It may be by some soft, weak, flukie goals, but if I remember correctly, at the end of the night the points that go up on the standing sheet dont say fluke win, or 2 soft goals, or a team played badly. Come on guys, use our heads before we start typing.
hockeyfan02

Return to Hockey