Minot High

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:00 pm

Hockey Whiz wrote:Ok, once again lets try and keep it to Minot High Subjects, if you want to talk about something else, go make a spot for it. But to answer your question, Mandan isnt all that great of an opponent to be saying "Dickinson beat Mandan 8-2" or whatever, big deal, just about everyone in the west should do the same thing or worse.

Mandan was missing 5 from its starting two lines do to the brawl at century and another out for the season with a cracked growth plate, so Dickisnon got a break, their is no team in the west that could take that hit and have a fighting chance of winning the game against anyone in the west starting their 3rd and 4th lines basically. 
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:32 am

Minot beat Williston 3-0 on Friday.  They will be fine when they get things staightened out.
ndfootball

Postby hockey4life » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:19 am

From what i hear williston didn't look like they were ready to play.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoSioux » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:52 am

I don't see how Minot winning one game means that they are going to suddenly be good..........i still don't see them being a threat.........beating one team does not mean they have turned things around
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fellowes » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:47 pm

I'm close to calling Minot High the team to beat in the west. Originally i had Bismarck High as the number one team but after i got the recap of the game last saturday night, Minot appears to be on the rise. Sounds like they are getting production from seniors and underclassmen alike and getting some good goaltending from Derek Skogen. I forsee Minot and Bismarck High meeting again in the West Region Tournament for the number one seed going into state.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:02 pm

Alright was reading sioux sports and this came up.

"Also in tonight's Minot/Williston game. Dillon Kraft (Minot) after scoring a breakaway goal quickly stopped, went back to the net, and grabbed the puck. He pulled out a sharpie (or some other writing device) from his hockey pants and signed the puck. He then gave it to the students section. It was hilarious.

Edit: If you go to KXnet.com you might be able to watch it."

I haven't got the video to work, but if that happened thats very little class in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoSioux » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:55 pm

I did see that video it was ridiculous.........DK all Day(Dillion Kraft) you are an idiot and Minot is not the best team in the West.  They will start losing to teams in the west again..........they lost to Jamestown at home.
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:11 pm

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. To do it in a West Region hockey game, that is idiotic to say the least. If you can do that against a top-of-the-line team, then I'd MAYBE be ok with you doing that. Not to bash Williston, but they are having a down year. But that move by Mr. Hockey DK All Day is just stupid. If I was Burkhard (spelling), I'd have a good old chat with that boy.

EDIT: Here's a Link for everyone to see Kraft's stupidity --

http://www.kxnet.com/video.asp?ArticleId=78832&VideoId=3947
Last edited by big_tyme_hockey on Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:13 pm

i really hope he gets suspended for a couple games for that move. that type of thing doesnt even belong in professional sports, let alone high school sports. im sure he will be the man around school and his buddies, but do that on your own time, not during a real game.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jkaiz » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:06 pm

all that did was show that he is immature and it must be a big thing that he scored once
jkaiz

Postby football33 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:10 pm

what makes it even worse is that the refs did not even give him a penalty for doing this..... just shows how much class minot has.
football33

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:23 am

The pucks worth MILLIONS him and his 2 points this year. Wow if i was Williston would go i would have layed him out right by the glass. Rehak lay that fool out please.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby minotfan » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:43 am

It sounds to me like all you guys are jealous.  If that would have happened at your school you guys would be talking about how much of an idiot a guy from your team is for doing this.  You have to admit that is one of the coolest things to ever happen in high school hockey.  As for Coach Burckhard having a big long talk with him about it, the coach doesn't really even care about it at all.  He laughed about the whole thing and wants to frame the puck.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dk All Day » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:55 am

ditka i would have love for rehak to have tried to lay me out after that because that would have made it all the better. and you know for all you other guys saying that it wouldve been cooler in a big game well williston was a pretty big game for us and to say that williston is going to pound all over us and now call them weak wow. oh well that was asa fun as it gets right thier so to all you haters think of a celebration to top it and ill be the first to congradulate you.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spanky » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:45 am

Sorry but you didn't think of that celebration. TO did it a long time ago, and it was funnier when he did it because he is actually good at his sport.
Spanky
NDPreps Starter

Postby jkaiz » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:50 am

if you make it to the pros i will let you do that, but in high school.. thats really low
jkaiz

Postby highheat » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:10 pm

let the kid have some fun. he's never going to play competitive hockey again after this year so let it fly. you cant say that you wouldnt want to do a celebration like that if you scored in a big game.
highheat

Postby GoSioux » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:36 pm

He didnt even think of the celebration and he thinks he's the man for doing it.  Dk all Day your just an idiot
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:17 pm

...god forbid he copy someone elses celebration. Terell should sue him for copyright infringment.
highheat

Postby MHSfan » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:24 pm

GoSioux wrote:He didnt even think of the celebration and he thinks he's the man for doing it.  Dk all Day your just an idiot

Don't be hatin on Dillon.  So just because this isn't pro sports then he can't do cool celebrations like that.  I bet if one of your boys from UND did that you wouldn't be hating on them.  This is high school hockey we are talking about and the players are out there to have fun and play with their buddies.  Lay off man take a chill pill.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DrPepper1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:08 pm

He's a weak player on a weak team.  2 points in 8 games playing in the West.  And to pull that on a little rebound goal, come on kid.  Maybe if you scored a goal that actually showed you had some kind of talent a fist pump would be enough.  All around bad hockey player.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stromer » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:41 pm

minotfan wrote:It sounds to me like all you guys are jealous.  If that would have happened at your school you guys would be talking about how much of an idiot a guy from your team is for doing this.  You have to admit that is one of the coolest things to ever happen in high school hockey.  As for Coach Burckhard having a big long talk with him about it, the coach doesn't really even care about it at all.  He laughed about the whole thing and wants to frame the puck.

And people wonder why Minot is considered classless...:?
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RazorsEdge » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:25 pm

Its about time we had some excitement in high school sports. High fiving at the bench, OH thats original. DK you go enjoy your senior year and don't worry about it. It was cool. If you did it to our team I would expect you to get laid out. But its still OK.
Last edited by RazorsEdge on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RazorsEdge
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:36 pm

MHSfan wrote:
GoSioux wrote:He didnt even think of the celebration and he thinks he's the man for doing it.  Dk all Day your just an idiot

Don't be hatin on Dillon.  So just because this isn't pro sports then he can't do cool celebrations like that.  I bet if one of your boys from UND did that you wouldn't be hating on them.  This is high school hockey we are talking about and the players are out there to have fun and play with their buddies.  Lay off man take a chill pill.

wouldn't happen at UND it's called class, a thing he doesn't have.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:05 am

That's enough about this incident.   Any further comments in other topics will be deleted.  

Lets focus on promoting positive accomplishments by our states athletes please.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Hockey