Minot High

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Dk All Day » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:16 pm

one stahl was the goalie two years ago and he was good and then bown was last years starter ahh average and then this year skogan and guy weber pretty much have a try out every week to see who plays and guy will be starting tommorow night against j town.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:36 am

Minot's goalie situation is not good.  there not going anywhere with the goalie play of the last couple games.
ndfootball

Postby hockey07 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:25 pm

I think Minots goalies will do fine in the year. Once the goalies can feel confident with there defence and once their forwards can start playing like a team then the goalies will step it up. its a very long season.
hockey07

Postby Hockey Whiz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:30 pm

i definately agree with you, its a long season and you have no idea what will happen. but the goalies do have some pressure on them as well, they need to be able to step it up now when the defense is doing bad and get their team through the rough patch.i saw the East grand forks game and all i have to say is brutal.
Last edited by Hockey Whiz on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Whiz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:01 am

Minots never really had any great goalies just in the west there defense was great and there goalies never got many shots. Now this year there in trouble with their defense being so weak.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hockey Whiz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:09 am

Minot may not be that good on the defensive side of things, but Mandan isn't any better. Mandan hasn't had anyone good at all besides Bair.
Last edited by Hockey Whiz on Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Whiz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby mhsund » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:37 am

Minot has had good goalies in the past and they have helped out with the team. If you know anything about Minots past they had two good starting goalies recently Marty Jackson and Tyler Stahl were pretty good and Bown would have been alright if it wouldn't have been for his G/F (cheerleader). Minot also had good back up goalies in the past so it was never really a problem till now. A season isn't going to help out a goalie it depends on the off season, just like every other player and sport.
Last edited by mhsund on Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhsund
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:32 pm

Hockey Whiz wrote:Minot may not be that good on the defensive side of things, but Mandan isn't any better. Mandan hasn't had anyone good at all besides Bair.

I agree Mandan isn't any better though they have a solid goalie between the pipes
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hockey Whiz » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:50 am

And who do you call a solid goalie???? The only solid goalies that I have seen as of this year are Devils Lake and Red River
Hockey Whiz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby mhsund » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:08 am

Hockey Whiz wrote:And who do you call a solid goalie???? The only solid goalies that I have seen as of this year are Devils Lake and Red River

The opposite of the minot goalies. ok i am jk
mhsund
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoSioux » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:23 pm

Is Minot yet to win a game yet?  Thank god it has shut up all the kids on their team......Dk all day was doing a lot of talking at the beginning of the season but not so much anymore
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:29 pm

GoSioux wrote:Is Minot yet to win a game yet?  Thank god it has shut up all the kids on their team......Dk all day was doing a lot of talking at the beginning of the season but not so much anymore

just like the DL people as soon as they lose.
highheat

Postby DeuceTrey » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:39 pm

well its not like DL has their own topic, like Minot. and i do believe that DL has beaten Minot twice already.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Csauce123 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:10 am

Ya that Diechart isn't any good either :P.  South is looking really good this year...again... I never thought they could be as good this year as last year, but they are!! That White Bear Lake game hasn't been talked about much either.  I hate to post this in the Minot High column.  Why does Minot have a column? Gross!
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyfan02 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:25 am

White bear lake also just loss to hill-murray.
hockeyfan02

Postby DrPepper1 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:28 pm

Hill-Murray is also in the top ten in minnesota class AA and they lost in overtime so i dont know what kind of a point you're trying to make.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hockey Whiz » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:46 pm

This is the Minot High Page, so lets try and keep it to Minot High Subjects, shall we.
Hockey Whiz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:15 pm

Hockey Whiz wrote:This is the Minot High Page, so lets try and keep it to Minot High Subjects, shall we.

Sorry man, it's a Minot topic though he was just throwing his two-cents in someone bump this guy up to a moderator he's doing a great job for them.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby BenchRanger » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:20 pm

0-5-0,  that's a good subject to talk about.
It's not how high you climb, but how high you bounce after you fall. Gen. George Patton
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoSioux » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:37 pm

Haha lets keep it to Minot High topics.........lets see are you guys going to win a game anytime soon
GoSioux
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hockey Whiz » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:48 am

I dont think they will at all, I looked at their schedule the other day and they have Bismarck High, Williston twice and Dickinson ( who they lost to at the Jamboree) all before they go on Christmas break. Bismarck High is usually the tough team, but they do play them at home and Williston is going to be crazy when Minot goes there. The offense isnt producing enough, and the way the defense is playing as of lately though I dont think they stand a chance against anyone of them.
Last edited by Hockey Whiz on Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Whiz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby football33 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:42 am

any thoughts on the williston-minot game tonight?
football33

Postby surferdan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:34 pm

Metal Edge wrote:it sounds like instead of ripping on bottineau and century, you guys need to take care of yourself after losing to dickinson.  minot and bottineau both lost to dickinson by a 1 goal margin.

So what are you trying to say? For some reason when I read your post I get some emphasis on "Dickinson". Maybe i'm wrong though. Dickinson has been tough this year, am I right or am I right? Last night didnt they beat Mandan 8-2?!?!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." – Adam Savage of Mythbusters
surferdan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hockey Whiz » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:53 pm

Ok, once again lets try and keep it to Minot High Subjects, if you want to talk about something else, go make a spot for it. But to answer your question, Mandan isnt all that great of an opponent to be saying "Dickinson beat Mandan 8-2" or whatever, big deal, just about everyone in the west should do the same thing or worse.
Hockey Whiz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:10 pm

there's nothing wrong with supporting your team, good or bad.

lets keep it on topic and stop the garbage posts. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey