Most Hostile Arena To Play In

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Dackdude » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:24 pm

[font=comic sans ms]Moorhead isnt fun to play at either. I remember last year at the Spud-South game, after one moorhead goal the student body was chanting "This ones over!"[/font]

[font=comic sans ms]They also have some other entertaining chants. ;)          [/font]
coolstufftodo.googlepages.com

Dackdude
NDPreps Reserve

Postby klg_11 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:47 am

I would have to say Minot WAS the worst place to play in last year and the years before that. I went to a game there this year adn the crowd was very mellow. LAst year they were hanging over the glass screaming at players. THis year they all sat in their seats and remained half quiet on a decently close game.
klg_11

Postby gfhockey » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:14 am

The most hostile envoirnment ever i have seen was when RR played Central in the state championship. They had to open up the balcony of the New REA to fit everyone and that was half full. I believe that is the most people ever to watch a high school sporting event in North Dakotas history.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:59 pm

klg_11 wrote:I would have to say Minot WAS the worst place to play in last year and the years before that. I went to a game there this year adn the crowd was very mellow. LAst year they were hanging over the glass screaming at players. THis year they all sat in their seats and remained half quiet on a decently close game.

The school officials and the rent-a-cops for the games are being more strict this year because of complaints about the student section.  The first home game this season was wild and we were right up to the glass, but since then we have to sit a row up and pretty much sit on our hands while we watch the game.  It's kinda lame how they took all the fun away.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Hockey