2011-12 State Tourney

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Will Win State?

GF Red River
8
67%
Bismarck
0
No votes
Fargo North
1
8%
Century
0
No votes
Grafton-Park River
3
25%
Bottineau-Rugby
0
No votes
Fargo Davies
0
No votes
Minot
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 12

2011-12 State Tourney

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:00 pm

STATE TOURNEY
@ Ralph Engelstad Arena, Grand Forks

Thursday, Feb. 23
Quarterfinals
@ Main Arena
G1: #4E Fargo Davies def. #1W Bismarck 4-3 2OTs
G2: #2E Fargo North def. #3W Bottineau-Rugby 4-1
G3: #1E Grand Forks Red River def. #4W Minot 10-2
G4: #3E Grafton-Park River def. #2W Century 5-2

Friday, Feb. 24
Loser-out Games
@ Olympic Arena
G5: #1W Bismarck High def. #3W Bottineau-Rugby 1-0 OT
G6: #4W Minot def. #2W Century 5-4

Semifinals
@ Main Arena
G7: #2E Fargo North def. #4E Fargo Davies 3-1
G8: #3E Grafton-Park River def. #1E GF Red River 5-3

Saturday, Feb. 25
Fifth place
@Purpur Arena
#1W Bismarck High def. #4W Minot 6-4

Third place
@ Olympic Arena
#1E GF Red River def. #4E Fargo Davies 11-1

Championship
@ Main Arena
#2E Fargo North def. #3E Grafton-Park River 3-2 2 OTs
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10718
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby MJ4UND » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Obviously it is Red Rivers Tournament to lose. I think there are some interesting match-ups in the other games. GPR really hurt them selves in the East Region tournament, as did Century in the West Region tournament. That side of the bracket has potentially the most talent. Bismarck High did themselves a huge favor and is in the easier half of the bracket. Bismarck High and Red River have the most momentium going in, GPR has a few losses coming in, Century was playing great until the West Region final, North had an up and down end of the year, Bottineau is the underdog, and Minot & Davies have no chance.

Here are my picks:

GM 1: Bismarck High by 3 goals
GM 2: North by a goal
GM 3: Red River by at least 8 goals
GM 4: Century by a goal

GM 7: Bismarck High by 2 goals
GM 8: Red River by 5 goals

Red River wins the Championship by a minimum of 4 goals
MJ4UND
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: bismarck

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby Unity77 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 am

MJ4UND wrote:Here are my picks:

GM 1: Bismarck High by 3 goals
GM 2: North by a goal
GM 3: Red River by at least 8 goals
GM 4: Century by a goal

GM 7: Bismarck High by 2 goals
GM 8: Red River by 5 goals

Red River wins the Championship by a minimum of 4 goals


Century over Grafton? It would be a great win for the Century program, but I think it's highly unlikely.

My picks:
GM1: Bismarck by 1 goal
GM2: North by 3 goals
GM3: Red River by 10 goals
GM4: GPR by 4 goals

GM7: North by 1 goal
GM8: Red River by 2 goals

GM11: Red River by 5 goals
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby Battle Hardened » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:36 pm

I'd agree Red River will win easily. But I do not see any of the west teams beating any of the east teams this year. Century went east and got chewed up and spit out of the Standsted tourney this year osing 2 of 3 and Bismark Highs only win in the was over GF Central (who is terrible this year).
Battle Hardened
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby Unity77 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Final:
Fargo Davies 4
Bismarck High 3

2 OTs
Last edited by Unity77 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby Unity77 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Final:
Fargo North 4
Bottineau-Rugby 1
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby highandwide » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:59 pm

RANK TEAM W L T >4 GmPerf Sched Total Last5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1,Grand Forks Red River,ND,___________ 22 0 0, 8 2.9, 11.9, 14.86, 15.02 E
2,Grafton/Park River,ND,______________ 14 7 1, 1 1.2, 11.1, 12.32, 12.47 E
3,Fargo North,ND,_____________________ 16 6 0, 0 1.7, 10.5, 12.17, 11.82 E
4,Fargo South/Shanley,ND,_____________ 11 11 0, 0 0.0, 11.2, 11.22, 11.22 E
5,Fargo Davies,ND,____________________ 14 8 0, 1 0.4, 10.8, 11.22, 12.61 E
6,Bismarck Century,ND,________________ 17 4 0, 4 1.3, 9.7, 10.95, 10.80 W
7,Bottineau/Rugby,ND,_________________ 17 4 0, 4 1.3, 9.2, 10.52, 10.98 W
8,West Fargo,ND,______________________ 8 14 0, 0 -0.6, 11.0, 10.34, 9.92 E
9,Bismarck High,ND,___________________ 12 9 0, 4 0.4, 9.7, 10.01, 10.72 W
10,Grand Forks Central,ND,_____________ 7 15 0, 2 -1.3, 11.0, 9.74, 8.95 E
11,Minot,ND,___________________________ 11 10 0, 1 0.6, 8.8, 9.42, 9.34 W
12,Devils Lake,ND,_____________________ 3 19 0, 3 -2.0, 10.0, 7.96, 7.66 W
13,Jamestown,ND,_______________________ 7 14 0, 1 -0.5, 8.2, 7.75, 8.53 E
14,Mandan,ND,__________________________ 8 13 0, 1 -0.6, 7.9, 7.26, 8.41 W
15,Hazen/Beulah,ND,____________________ 9 12 0, 1 -1.1, 7.6, 6.48, 5.51 W
16,Williston,ND,_______________________ 3 17 0, 6 -1.9, 6.7, 4.74, 4.84 W
17,Dickinson,ND,_______________________ 3 19 0, 7 -1.9, 5.7, 3.88, 3.38 W

Games so far are playing out in order of the teams last rankings.... ushsho.com/myhockeyrankings.com
highandwide
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:04 pm

highandwide wrote:RANK TEAM W L T >4 GmPerf Sched Total Last5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1,Grand Forks Red River,ND,___________ 22 0 0, 8 2.9, 11.9, 14.86, 15.02 E
2,Grafton/Park River,ND,______________ 14 7 1, 1 1.2, 11.1, 12.32, 12.47 E
3,Fargo North,ND,_____________________ 16 6 0, 0 1.7, 10.5, 12.17, 11.82 E
4,Fargo South/Shanley,ND,_____________ 11 11 0, 0 0.0, 11.2, 11.22, 11.22 E
5,Fargo Davies,ND,____________________ 14 8 0, 1 0.4, 10.8, 11.22, 12.61 E
6,Bismarck Century,ND,________________ 17 4 0, 4 1.3, 9.7, 10.95, 10.80 W
7,Bottineau/Rugby,ND,_________________ 17 4 0, 4 1.3, 9.2, 10.52, 10.98 W
8,West Fargo,ND,______________________ 8 14 0, 0 -0.6, 11.0, 10.34, 9.92 E
9,Bismarck High,ND,___________________ 12 9 0, 4 0.4, 9.7, 10.01, 10.72 W
10,Grand Forks Central,ND,_____________ 7 15 0, 2 -1.3, 11.0, 9.74, 8.95 E
11,Minot,ND,___________________________ 11 10 0, 1 0.6, 8.8, 9.42, 9.34 W
12,Devils Lake,ND,_____________________ 3 19 0, 3 -2.0, 10.0, 7.96, 7.66 W
13,Jamestown,ND,_______________________ 7 14 0, 1 -0.5, 8.2, 7.75, 8.53 E
14,Mandan,ND,__________________________ 8 13 0, 1 -0.6, 7.9, 7.26, 8.41 W
15,Hazen/Beulah,ND,____________________ 9 12 0, 1 -1.1, 7.6, 6.48, 5.51 W
16,Williston,ND,_______________________ 3 17 0, 6 -1.9, 6.7, 4.74, 4.84 W
17,Dickinson,ND,_______________________ 3 19 0, 7 -1.9, 5.7, 3.88, 3.38 W

Games so far are playing out in order of the teams last rankings.... ushsho.com/myhockeyrankings.com


??
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10718
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby MJ4UND » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:49 am

Unity,
Your picks look pretty good so far (except the OT loss by Bismarck)
MJ4UND
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: bismarck

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby Unity77 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:28 am

MJ4UND wrote:Unity,
Your picks look pretty good so far (except the OT loss by Bismarck)


Bismarck was so close to getting the win too. I listened to the game and Bismarck took it to Davies early on, but Davies was able to keep it together and get back in the game and eventually get the win.

So, does anyone think the Spoilers will live up to their name tonight? Their play has been pretty inconsistent as of late, but I have a feeling they will show up tonight... and do very well. :wink:
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:16 pm

UPSET ALERT:

GPR up 2-0 right now at end of 2. By NO means is this game over but if anyone not watching should give it a watch its gonna be a great third period!!!
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 pm

ndfan wrote:UPSET ALERT:

GPR up 2-0 right now at end of 2. By NO means is this game over but if anyone not watching should give it a watch its gonna be a great third period!!!


INSTANT CLASSIC

Grafton-Park River 5
GF Red River 3
FINAL
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10718
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:01 am

Was this the miracle on ice of North Dakota high school hockey?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby Makotifarmguy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:09 am

I don't know a thing about hockey. Probably not even enough to comment, but wife and I did watch the game on TV and thought it was a good one. Hopefully the storm doesn't stop them from having the championship game tonight.

Paper says 20 years since last championship game without a Grand Forks team in it. Wow.
"Take the bull by the horns"
User avatar
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:01 am
Location: Middle of the Prairie

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby old#63 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:18 pm

ndfan wrote:Was this the miracle on ice of North Dakota high school hockey?

Well, I give it my vote.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby winner-within » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:20 pm

MJ4UND wrote:Obviously it is Red Rivers Tournament to lose. I think there are some interesting match-ups in the other games. GPR really hurt them selves in the East Region tournament, as did Century in the West Region tournament. That side of the bracket has potentially the most talent. Bismarck High did themselves a huge favor and is in the easier half of the bracket. Bismarck High and Red River have the most momentium going in, GPR has a few losses coming in, Century was playing great until the West Region final, North had an up and down end of the year, Bottineau is the underdog, and Minot & Davies have no chance.

Here are my picks:

GM 1: Bismarck High by 3 goals
GM 2: North by a goal
GM 3: Red River by at least 8 goals
GM 4: Century by a goal

GM 7: Bismarck High by 2 goals
GM 8: Red River by 5 goals

Red River wins the Championship by a minimum of 4 goals



Slightly Off!
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4076
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby MJ4UND » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:43 am

Yes I was. But where were your great insights??
MJ4UND
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: bismarck

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby old#63 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:36 am

MJ4UND wrote:Yes I was. But where were your great insights??

Winner knows basketball pretty well, but he wouldn't know a hockey puck from a pancake. But he's always good for a comment. :) In your defense MJ4UND, I don't think anybody picked this state hockey tournement correctly. Wild ride! Wish my Spoilers could have finished it. But, congrats to North. They had a great season.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: 2011-12 State Tourney

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:44 pm

old#63 wrote:
MJ4UND wrote:Yes I was. But where were your great insights??

Winner knows basketball pretty well, but he wouldn't know a hockey puck from a pancake. But he's always good for a comment. :) In your defense MJ4UND, I don't think anybody picked this state hockey tournement correctly. Wild ride! Wish my Spoilers could have finished it. But, congrats to North. They had a great season.



I was Scurry Hockey King in Phy ed....... 10 goals in one game (that's how I know how hard it is to win every game by 4 goals).........couple relatives in the NHL......Quebec, you know!... I like my pucks with Brown sugar and cream vs Syrup....... :)
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4076
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am


Return to Hockey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest